iTrans NYC Subway
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate NYC transit app, featuring realtime arrival info plus subway and bus directions, service advisories, timetables, push alerts, walking maps, and station entrance/exit data.
• Live train times let you seen exactly when your train will arrive. (Only for MTA lines with countdown clocks: currently the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and Times Sq Shuttle.)
• Easy step-by-step directions mean you always know the fastest route. Subway directions even work offline underground!
• System advisories, including background updating so you always have the latest information.
• See train schedules for any station at any time of day
• Use Street Map mode to see bus stations and bus times
• Get push alerts for delays, customized for your route and commute time
• See subway lines, stations, entrances, and exits overlaid on a street map
• Browse the latest service advisories even while offline
• See your Current Location with a tap; get walking directions to nearby stations
• Beautiful graphics, including high-resolution maps for the Retina display
• Review line diagrams to see stations, transfers, and express/local timing
• Search for stations with a few taps
Remember: the New York subway is a complex system and can't follow the timetables perfectly. The MTA timetables are included for guidance only.
This app is for the MTA New York City subway and bus system, and features a licensed MTA map. To learn more about iTrans, report problems, or request new features, visit our website.
What's New in Version 8.1.1
Fixes push notifications
I have tried lots of other apps but I keep coming back to iTrans NYC because it works underground when you may not have an Internet connection. The other apps have some nice bells and whistles but none work underground which is kind of crucial!
While disconnected, you do have to put in a street address rather than just a business name like you could do while connected, so it's a little less convenient.
Compounding this, I also have found that my "recents" list doesn't reflect searches I just made, but if I remember the first digit or two of the address it will often auto fill for me.
Another thing to keep in mind is that iTrans does not offer walking directions alone, i.e. without a subway component. You're better off just looking at the street map for that.
I have noticed that the subway map needs an update. For example, the Broadway Lafayette F train / Bleecker 6 train connector has been functional for a few years now, but iTrans still tells me I have to go above ground to make that transfer.
Other than these nitpicks, the interface is straightforward and works well. I use it daily!
Finally! Notifications are back!
Not sure why this update took so long. However, I’m glad to have my original subway map and status alerts via notifications back on the home screen! I’ve had this app since it was first released and have come to reply on it implicitly for my daily NYC commute. While there are several other subway apps out there, I’m partial to the informative nature of iTrans and the simplicity of use. Thanks for the update. Now my iPhone 6s Plus has notification setting again for iTrans. Yay!
Great app to have
This app has come a long way even with the ups and downs. On occasion service updates won't load. However, the app provide up to the minute status updates on the subway lines you configure. And, push notifications, it's strongest feature, appear to be working very well these days. This feature and the street map feature with platform and exit visualization are the main reasons for buying this app in the first place. Thanks for delivering and listening. Always recommend this app to anyone who commutes to the city via subway.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 8.1.1
- Size: 79.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2010 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.