iTrans NYC Subway
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate NYC transit app, featuring realtime arrival info plus subway and bus directions, service advisories, timetables, push alerts, walking maps, and station entrance/exit data.
• Live train times let you seen exactly when your train will arrive. (Only for MTA lines with countdown clocks: currently the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and Times Sq Shuttle.)
• Easy step-by-step directions mean you always know the fastest route. Subway directions even work offline underground!
• System advisories, including background updating so you always have the latest information.
• See train schedules for any station at any time of day
• Use Street Map mode to see bus stations and bus times
• Get push alerts for delays, customized for your route and commute time
• See subway lines, stations, entrances, and exits overlaid on a street map
• Browse the latest service advisories even while offline
• See your Current Location with a tap; get walking directions to nearby stations
• Beautiful graphics, including high-resolution maps for the Retina display
• Review line diagrams to see stations, transfers, and express/local timing
• Search for stations with a few taps
Remember: the New York subway is a complex system and can't follow the timetables perfectly. The MTA timetables are included for guidance only.
This app is for the MTA New York City subway and bus system, and features a licensed MTA map. To learn more about iTrans, report problems, or request new features, visit our website.
What's New in Version 8.0.1
Fixes push notifications.
Best $4 ever spent
I bought this app a few years back (not even sure it costs $4 now) and I use it every single time I go into the city. When my bus is rolling up to the subway stop, I check iTrans to see how much time I have to get to the platform since I have the live departures in my hand. Explanations for construction re-routing are great for telling you how to get around the weekend track work. My only problem I ever had with the app is when the R train had come back into full service after the R tunnel had shut down after Sandy, the app didn't update to the new MTA subway map with the complete R line for several months (somewhere around 4-6 I believe) so it became a pain planning trips because it wouldn't make any trip itineraries with the R line involved. So map changes are a little slow when it comes to updating the app, but overall it does everything it says it would do and whenever I tell people about it I tell them it's some of the best $4 I ever spent. Definitely worth the purchase.
Best you can get for the subways and works underground.
Only complaint is that when the licensed neighborhood maps are downloaded they don't scale when zooming in so the picture is blurry and doesn't adjust to that zoom level. I didn't have these issues on the iphone4s, but I am having issues with the iPhone 6plus. Other than that it takes about 30 minutes for emergency alerts/delays to pop up from the original time of incident, such as delay due to fire on track, which is pretty darn good. A must have app for anyone who uses the NYC subway, and I work there every day so I know from experience.
The WORST SUBWAY APP!!
Negative stars!! I never write reviews, doesn't everyone say that when they are writing their first? Despite my reluctance to "review" anything...this app is infuriating and I must say something. I've had it now for over 2 years and it has never improved. The scheduled times are ALWAYS wrong, the trains are either 2-5 minutes early or late. The suggested routes are always wrong. The scheduled service work is ALWAYS wrong. I paid for this stupid app and at this point, I think they owe me my money back for being so WRONG all the time!! I work late and like to schedule my life, but when I'm constantly being misdirected by my so called "trusty" MTA app, it's frustrating and I end up taking a cab. Not a good app, please provide NYers with something that is useful, not a complete joke. Bad!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 8.0.1
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2010 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.