iTranslate - Translator & Dictionary
By Sonico GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in Apple's September 2015 Special Event!
iTranslate is your personal translator, always by your side.
* Translate words, phrases, and text between 90 languages.
* Simply speak or type into your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
* See instant text translations.
* Or have words and phrases spoken back to you with Voice-to-Voice Translation (premium feature).
* Bilingual Dictionaries for many language pairs.
* Many options to adjust dialects, gender, and speech speed.
A GLOBAL NATIVE
Words and phrases often leads to different meanings based on dialects, regions, and more. iTranslate draws from many dictionaries to find the exact phrase you need.
* Bilingual Dictionaries - Especially when looking up words, it's important to get different meanings and context. That's why iTranslate comes with bilingual dictionaries for many language pairs.
* Dialects & Gender - Want to know what an Australian English female, or a mainland Chinese male sound like? With iTranslate, you can select between many dialects, choose a male or female voice, and even control the speech speed.
* Romanization - Turn "你好" into "Nǐ hǎo", transform non-Latin languages into Latin characters. Available for many languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Hindi, Russian, and Thai.
* Type faster - Get suggestions while you type, customized not just for regular writing, but for common translation situations.
TRANSLATE YOUR WAY
* Works on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
* Translate inside other apps where you need it most with our new iTranslate keyboard extension.
* Add the iTranslate Today widget to Notification Center to quickly translate any text you copy without opening the app!
* Get suggestions while you type, customized not just for regular writing, but for common translation situations.
* Share everywhere - send translations to your friends and any app via your system-wide share sheet. Or simply copy a translation to paste anywhere you want.
LOVED AND USED BY MILLIONS
* Featured many times in Apple TV ads and on the App Store
* Cult of Mac: “my favorite by far” - Alex Heath
* NBC Today: “Easier than learning Japanese” - Sonia Gil
* Millions of people use iTranslate every day to solve their translation needs
* Available for a wide range of platforms and devices. Visit our website to learn more about iTranslate: iTranslateApp.com (http://itranslateapp.com/)
iTranslate is free to download and use. iTranslate Premium unlocks voice recognition and removes ads for a one-time in-app purchase.
Please note: iTranslate requires an Internet connection.
Supported languages & dialects:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
What's New in Version 9.1.1
3D Touch Support
Use Quick Actions to do common tasks like translating your clipboard right from the Home Screen.
Apple Watch Update
iTranslate for Apple Watch now shows additional dictionary results in many language pairs.
Helpful for Learning & Relearning Languages!!
This is really helpful for when people just want to know a few phrases of a new language, or refresh on the languages that you already know!! It's a great starter for people who only speak one language, or who want to start to learn new languages or lazy people who don't really want to speak another language, and just want to know a few phrases for when they go to a country where they don't speak English. However, for people who speak multiple languages, like me, it's kind of more of a tool to begin to learn languages that we don't already know, but would like to learn how to speak those "new" (to them) languages.
Although idiomatic expressions in English can sometimes require some manipulation to create the correct meaning in the foreign tongue, it's a rather extraordinary app. I've used it for several years, and it gets faster all the time. Type or paste an English sentence in the upper box, and a usually perfect version in, e.g., Russian, appears almost instantaneously. Prior size limitations have also been all but eliminated. If you're communicating with someone who has little or no English, this app is your Rosetta Stone.
I've had the pro version of this app for awhile and thought it was pretty good until I asked it to translate "sox" into French. If you want a laugh, try this yourself. Unbelievably it brings up this result: "loi Sarbanes-Oxley". The problem was reported three days ago and it has not been fixed. But if the app cannot translate a simple word like "sox" into French, what other problems does it have? The app developer owes an explanation and needs to reassure those of us who paid for "pro" that the app does not have any other similar defeciences.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 25, 2015
- Version: 9.1.1
- Size: 47.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sonico GmbH
- © 2009, Sonico GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iTranslate Premium$4.99