iTranslate Translator & Dictionary App - Translate voice and text to English, Spanish & 90+ languages for free
By Sonico GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
App Store & Apple Watch Best of 2015!
iTranslate is your personal translator, always by your side.
* Translate words, phrases, and text between 90 languages.
* Simply speak or type into your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
* See instant text translations.
* Or have words and phrases spoken back to you with Voice-to-Voice Translation (premium feature).
* Bilingual Dictionaries for many language pairs.
* Many options to adjust dialects, gender, and speech speed.
A GLOBAL NATIVE
Words and phrases often leads to different meanings based on dialects, regions, and more. iTranslate draws from many dictionaries to find the exact phrase you need.
* Bilingual Dictionaries - Especially when looking up words, it's important to get different meanings and context. That's why iTranslate comes with bilingual dictionaries for many language pairs.
* Dialects & Gender - Want to know what an Australian English female, or a mainland Chinese male sound like? With iTranslate, you can select between many dialects, choose a male or female voice, and even control the speech speed.
* Romanization - Turn "你好" into "Nǐ hǎo", transform non-Latin languages into Latin characters. Available for many languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Hindi, Russian, and Thai.
* Type faster - Get suggestions while you type, customized not just for regular writing, but for common translation situations.
TRANSLATE YOUR WAY
* Works on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
* Translate inside other apps where you need it most with our new iTranslate keyboard extension.
* Add the iTranslate Today widget to Notification Center to quickly translate any text you copy without opening the app!
* Get suggestions while you type, customized not just for regular writing, but for common translation situations.
* Share everywhere - send translations to your friends and any app via your system-wide share sheet. Or simply copy a translation to paste anywhere you want.
LOVED AND USED BY MILLIONS
* Featured many times in Apple TV ads and on the App Store
* Cult of Mac: “my favorite by far” - Alex Heath
* NBC Today: “Easier than learning Japanese” - Sonia Gil
* Millions of people use iTranslate every day to solve their translation needs
* Available for a wide range of platforms and devices. Visit our website to learn more about iTranslate: iTranslateApp.com (http://itranslateapp.com/)
iTranslate is free to download and use. iTranslate Premium unlocks voice recognition and removes ads for a one-time in-app purchase.
Please note: iTranslate requires an Internet connection.
Supported languages & dialects:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
What's New in Version 9.1.4
If you like iTranslate, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review on the App Store? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using iTranslate!
Using iTranslate to learn German
iTranslate (version 9) works great for me. I'm learning German with Duolingo and other language-learning apps and I use iTranslate all the time to look up new words that Duolingo puts up in multiple choice questions but doesn't define. I also use it to find a verb conjugation, different gender or plural/singular versions of words and to translate phrases or sentences. I seldom have to go to my German-English dictionary to clarify anything further. iTranslate is invaluable in my German learning process, and I use it for other languages too, of course.
My iPad is much more useful than any of the language labs I used when I was at university, and those used room-sized computers with far fewer capabilities. The only thing missing is the interaction with the professor and fellow students, but with FaceTime and Skype and capabilities like that, there are probably apps (Busuu?) or social networks that provide those on my iPad too!
And learning languages is only a tiny fraction of what I use my iPad for. I carry it in a shoulder pouch under my jacket all day long and if I have a free minute I can pull it out to read a message or a newspaper or a magazine or a book, or glance at the latest news or sports game or watch a music video, or record a thought I just had. Or learn a word or three more of German. Or translate what someone just asked me. An iPad or an iPhone is an amazing device, a university in your pocket!
Audio not working.
I love this app and use it often when reading books that have been translated to English but the names of the characters are still hard to pronounce or the author chooses to leave certain phrases in the native tongue. Yesterday the audio stopped working but the developers responded promptly with a fix. Great text to audio app for numerous languages.
This app saved my husband and I much grief. After sustaining damage to our vacation home in Mexico we spent several months with local workers and at the local Home Depot. My husband would type in to the app what he wanted to convey and then show it to the Mexicans. They would say "Oh, OK!" and then all of us would laugh. Progress!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 04, 2016
- Version: 9.1.4
- Size: 48.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sonico GmbH
- © 2009, Sonico GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iTranslate Premium$6.99