iTranslate is the leading translation and dictionary app. Easily translate text, websites, or start voice-to-voice conversations in over 100 languages. Our new Offline Mode allows you to use iTranslate abroad without having to pay expensive roaming charges.
• Get translations in over 100 languages.
• Listen to translations in male or female voices.
• Switch between different dialects.
• Dictionaries with synonyms and different meanings.
• Phrasebook - With over 250 predefined phrases.
• iMessage App & Keyboard Extension
• Apple Watch App
• Transliteration, Sharing, Favorites, History, and much more.
• Award-winning apps for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Lens: Use your camera to instantly translate menus or signs and more.
• Offline translation mode.
• Voice-to-Voice conversations.
• Website translation, including a nifty Safari extension.
• Verb conjugations in different tenses.
LOVED AND TRUSTED BY MILLIONS
• 100 million downloads and over 100,000 App Store reviews!
• Best of 2015, Editor’s Choice, App Store Essentials
• "…never encounter a language barrier" - Time.com
• "Voice translation executed perfectly." - Cult of Mac
• Featured many times in Apple TV ads and on the App Store
Learn more about iTranslate at https://www.itranslate.com
Visit https://www.itranslate.com/support/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iTranslateApp
Like & share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/itranslateapp
Supported languages & dialects for translation:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
For a Complete Language overview: https://www.itranslate.com/languages
Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:
* Choose from 3 subscription options:
- a monthly subscription (which comes with a 7-day free trial) for $4.99 USD;
- a 2 monthly subscription (which comes with a 7-day free trial) for $9.99 USD;
- an annual subscription for $39.99 USD.
The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.
* Your free trial subscription will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial period.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* You can cancel a free trial or subscription anytime by turning off auto-renewal through your iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
Terms of Service:
An internet connection is required to use the app. To use the offline mode, you need to download language packs.
Thank you for using iTranslate ! Here’s what’s new:
- iTranslate now fully supports iOS 12 & watchOS 5
- Support for Password AutoFill has been further expanded
- Siri Shortcuts: Open iTranslate via voice commands
- Select languages with our newly designed Language Picker
- Performance improvements for Keyboard extension
- New Offline Language Pack: Macedonian
- Bug fixes & UX improvements to simplify your translation process
To improve our App for you, we regularly bring updates to the App Store with improvements for both speed and reliability. If you enjoy iTranslate, would you mind taking a moment to write a review on the App Store? We’d greatly appreciate it. #HappyTranslating
Ratings and Reviews
LOVED this app initially & would have paid for it, BUT...
Initially this app would have gotten 5 stars. It beat google translate and a tu ally did a decent job translating English to German & vise versa; especially for a free app. But of late the app consistently crashes immediately after is finishes the cycle of translation; and before I have time to even verify it’s accuracy so not sure if it’s still as correct as it used to be I read in a some reviews that it isn’t anymore; i.e. Korean for example, but I wouldn’t know since it keeps crashing. Wrote to Support and will see what happens. Also asked me to upgrade which I strongly considered but not with some of the small print in permissions. Beware that it requires access to any past translations as well & beware that anything you type it paste into it to translate will be accessed by this app; so you might wish to leave out financial or sensitive Information, etc.; like if you’re translating a contract. Also, the premium (paid) version price tag seems rather steep to a lot of the reviewers here as well as to me the way it is organized now.
I’d say it’s a bit of “carrot” app; “Lookie what I got here! Okay now come and get it!” ...Once you start chasing it, it eludes you.
... If they make improvements and adjustments, I’ll alter my review, but for I’ll say, sadly, I’d pass!
Developer Response ,
So easy to use!
I love iTranslate and use it frequently! My sister-in-law is Italian and I am American. She speaks and writes in English without issue, but most of her family and friends back home don't speak or write in English or feel more comfortable in Italian. iTranslate helps me understand Facebook comments about my sister-in-law or niece that I would otherwise be unable to read/translate (my Italian isn't that advanced).
It also allows me to look at foreign websites and translate from the source language into English. My parents enjoy international travel and like to stay in small bed and breakfast type places instead of large multi-national hotel chains. Often these small B&B's website doesn't have an English version, so iTranslate comes to the rescue!
I usually know what language I am translating from, but from time to time I will want to translate a tweet or FB comment that is written in a language I don't recognize. When that happens, it definitely comes in handy that iTranslate has the "Detect Language" function and can automatically translate it to English or another language of your choosing.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using iTranslate!
Love but could be a little better...
Start off I have the Pro (most definitely pricey- but the app has saved me a time or too) I work registration in a hospital and need multiple languages sometimes. My year renewal is coming up and I’m a little hesitate to continue simply based on price... but again it has help a few times this year? 😬🤔I really to wish there were a few more features for the price - the biggest being phonics break down so even if the voice is being buggy or in the hospital no WiFi service available - I can still sound out what the translations are. 2nd is slow down or speed up the speech translation. 3rd at least in the Spanish side improve the accuracy. 4th- allows me to add words or suggestions of words or correct inaccuracies or at least flag them better. 5th if there your going to have some educational aspects like the verb thing (which I don’t use cause it’s never really been necessary which the app- at least in my experience) maybe change what kind- like how to say time of day or maybe word of the day or helpful culture tips or like a mad libs quick learning game. (Last one just to add some fun learning 😊👍🏼)
- iTranslate GmbH
- 303.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, iTranslate GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- iTranslate PRO - 1 month $4.99
- iTranslate PRO - 2 months $9.99
- iTranslate Premium $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.