iTrump - '2-inch Trumpet' with Trumpad
By Spoonjack, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Trumpet for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Play it anywhere. Practice and learn scales and songs. Jam along with anything in your iPod. Or play along with a song in the Songbook and let it show you how. It's useful to students and playable by anyone. (*see below for details about the interface)
1. Touch or Blow to make a sound
2. Tap the 'valve pads' to set the pitch
3. Raise and lower the bell for volume.
And it's capable:
Cover the Trumpet's standard notated range -- slur up and down, trill, and even bend notes and add vibrato. It's the closest you'll get to the real thing.
No clue about the real thing? Pick a tune from the Songbook, and let it show you the way as you play along with the band accompaniment. Just tap the colored blocks at the bottom of their fall to hit the right note at the right time.
iTrump comes free with seven songs:
- Theme from 2001: Also sprach Zarathustra with orchestra
- Aura Lee with piano
- Air (on a G string) with guitar
- Greensleeves with accordian
- Guantanmera with bass, bongos, guitar and drums
- Ride of the Valkyries with orchestra
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with piano
Additional songs can be purchased and downloaded. Some of these include:
- Sloop John B with Rhythm
- Man of Constant Sorrow with Banjo
- Carol of the Bells with Brass
- First Noel with Ochestra
- O Silent Night with Strings
- O Little Town of Bethlehem with Organ
and more! With more to come.
Whether you play Trumpet and need something more portable, or you've never touched one but want to learn, iTrump.
Visit http://itrump.spoonjack.com to see it in action.
Have your own video to share? Comments? Suggestions? We'd love to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE INTERFACE
iTrump is modeled after the real Trumpet and is designed to allow play purely by touch with maxmium agility and minimum coordination between left and right hand.
There's an 'open pad' for left thumb, and three 'valve pads' which correspond to trumpet valves 1, 2, and 3 and drop 2, 1, and 3 half-steps_ respectively. The vertical divisions are based on the harmonic series and what you would play if you slurred continuously all the way up or down for a given valve combination. For open, this would be C G C E G (Bb) C, etc. (The Bb partial is currently left out).
What's New in Version 1.0.5
- 64-bit support
- Minor fixes
Lots of fun.
The app is a lot of fun, and all trumpet players should get it. It would benefit from more range in the upper register.
I play trumpet, and this app is very fun!
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 05, 2016
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 16.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Spoonjack, LLC
- © 2011-2016 Spoonjack, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- House of the Rising Sun and John Barleycorn Song Pack$0.99
- Hark, Joy Song Pack$0.99
- Bells and Rest Song Pack$0.99
- Sloop and Sorrow Song Pack$0.99
- First Noel, Midnight Clear Song Pack$0.99
- Jesu with Dreidel SongPack$0.99