By itSeez3D, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
itSeez3D is a mobile 3D scanner that allows your iPad, with the Occipital’s Structure Sensor, to capture color and structure information of the world and process them into realistic 3D models. Use it to scan your family and friends as well as things you would like to copy in 3D, e.g., toys, shoes etc. Share your 3D models on sketchfab.com from the app and become a part of the growing 3D community! Other features include:
• Capture high-resolution color and structure data
• Augmented reality feedback is used to improve your scanning experience
• Send captured data to the cloud and get a great 3D model back in a few minutes
• Share the 3D model by email in .ply or .obj formats or on sketchfab.com
Find out more at itseez3d.com.
• Built for use with the Structure Sensor by Occipital. If you do not own your Structure Sensor yet you will not be able to scan models on your own, however, you still can download our app to view sample 3D models.
• The app works only on iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini 3, iPad Air and iPad Air 2.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
• Improved stability of the application
very promising, no mini support
examples look excellent, but won't recognize my iPad mini2 as a mini2, so it won't run. hopefully that gets resolved, because it looks like their algorithm can give a significantly improved scan. no reply from developer.
Update: turns out that my phone store sold me a mini 1 when I specifically asked for a 2. I didn't know better until ItSeez3d recognized it. Bought a mini3 today and got farther into capturing but will probably need close up lenses from 4eyes to get a good capture. To date, it looks like ItSeez3D has the best algorithms for reconstructing 3D detail, but it is done on their server so you need a stable connection.