iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote 4.4 you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums, and songs
• Browse movies, TV shows, and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with Airplay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 is recommended for use with iTunes Remote 4.4.
iTunes Remote has been updated to add support for iPhone X. This update also includes an all new look and feel on iPad and iPhone, in addition to stability and performance improvements. iTunes 12.7.5 is recommended for use with Remote 4.4.
Ratings and Reviews
When It Works, It’s Nice!
Except half the time I open the app, it won’t connect to my Apple TV. The Apple TV I want to select will be greyed out, so it’s recognized as a source when WiFi is connected, but you can’t select it. This happens at least 50% of the time I try to use the app. Sometimes I’ll have to restart my iPhone and Apple TV and only sometimes that will fix it but when it does, 10-minutes later it’s unable to connect again. This app is great when it works and I can’t get my lazy self up to find the actually Apple TV remote, but like I keep saying, at least 1/2 of the time it does not work and that is not going to keep it on my phone for much longer. Hope they fix these glitches soon...
The most brilliant piece of software ever created
Using the Remote app can only be described as a thrilling life-changing adventure unlike any other you’ll ever experience. While earlier versions of this app were sorely lacking, the most recent update is nothing short of breathtaking, setting a new standard not only for iPhone apps but for all software on all past, current and future platforms. I can confidently say that this update will go down in history as the most brilliant, visionary piece of software ever conceived, the likes of which we will never see again.
Brilliance in app form...
This app is beyond five stars. Apple really outdid itself with the update of this app. I can’t tell you how nice it is to be able to control the volume on my MacBook’s iTunes library and music selection from my bed (my MacBook connected to my Bose computer speakers is on the nightstand next to my bed).
Honestly, the design of remote control scheme while controlling your own iTunes library on your Mac is what Apple Music on the iPad should be like. It’s a much more mature design than Apple Music in its current form.
Great job, Apple. I truly applaud this app and your efforts. Keep it up!!
- Apple Inc.
- 16.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.