Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, start class discussions or talk with students one-on-one to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments, and remind students when assignments are due
• Grade student work and track the progress of your class in the grade book
• Use the single-student view to offer individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions in 1:1 chats or start debates with the class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import rosters to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available to everyone for free
• View assignments and course updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class with one-on-one messages
• Start or join group discussions with the whole class
• View your grades and instructor feedback for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• Shared iPad and Manage Apple IDs requires iOS 9.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (4th generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• Roster import requires Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs
• 3D Touch requires iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 9.0 or later
What's New in Version 3.4
• Share Swift Playground files between teachers and students
• Open iTunes U directly to recently viewed courses using 3D Touch from the home screen on iPhone
Obviously this doesn't replace one on one lessons from an instructor, but if there is a specific area that you need clarification on, this app will save your life! Love, love, love! Probably the only awesome thing about getting the iPhone 7.
Great educational app!!!
Follow each of these courses and you'll be taking amazing college classes for free! What beats that? Thank you Apple for your continued support for education throughout the world.
Won't play when not connected to the Internet
I downloaded a whole bunch of Podcasts (for the Going-to-the-Sun Road) to listen to in the car. They play fine in iTunesU when I'm connected to the Internet, but, when I'm not, I get a pop-up that just says "Error". How useless is this? Guess what: there IS NO INTERNET on the Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 66.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.