Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you’re majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
• Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
• See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
• Take course notes in class, or while playing audio or video lectures inside of iTunes U
• Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and iBooks textbooks
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
The world’s largest catalog of free education content
• Choose from more than 750,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
• Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 30 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, LaTrobe University, University of Tokyo, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer
• The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country
What's New in Version 1.4.1
This version of iTunes U resolves an issue where the playback speed button may not work as expected.
Yale Law - Comments on Immigration Overhaul needs
This was an excellent talk outlining field research completed in Fall 2013 on both the US side and the Mexico side in areas of high emigration. Main points include that as long as the 8:1 earnings disparity exists and US employers are hiring, economic considerations will lead rational wage earners to head to the US to work. Land border between US and Mexico is the deadliest in the world with over 23 times the number of people killed at the Berlin Wall - but they still make it to US jobs. Law makers would do well to understand the futility of policies designed to prevent and/or punish immigration from Mexico as long as 8:1 earning disparity exist, but could get tax revenues to offset the costs if it would make pathways to legal residency and calibrate work permits to market demand for unskilled labor.
Would be a five-star presentation if could have seen slides recferred to in talk; hard to follow without seeing slides.
I love the idea of this app. I hate it's implementation. It is difficult to find courses by category; lectures on literature, for example. Even harder to only find audio or only video courses.
Worse, it slows my phone to a crawl when downloading anything. Even browsing the courses takes seemingly forever.
Downloads will halt without providing a reason. Try to download more than three lectures at a time and - the phone freezes. Always.
Once a course is downloaded, navigation is still almost impossible. To see other lectures in one course, you need to turn on 'subscription' or it will appear to be empty.
I wish it was a better app.
Excellent resource for students, professionals, and those wanting to learn and grow
I started using iTunes University back in May 2013 to prepare for going back to college. Once in college, I've been using iTunes University classes to give me an edge. It's great to be able to listen to or watch lectures on a mobile platform like the iPad.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.