Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring their classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-on-one or in groups, and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U is also the place where anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—all right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos
• Engage every learner by including apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments, completed their work, or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-on-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available everyone for free.
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class time with one-to-one discussions
• Start or join in on group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Shared iPad and Managed Apple IDs requires iOS 9.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
What's New in Version 3.2
• iTunes U now supports Managed Apple IDs and has been optimized for Shared iPad
• Collections, courses and your content are now searchable from Spotlight Search
• Ability to search assignments anywhere within iTunes U and via Spotlight Search
• Improved experience in countries where restrictions are enabled by default
• Improved offline syncing of grades and private discussions
• Minor performance and stability improvements
This is the worst app I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I started to look into downloading a FREE book and saw that it had video attached to the files and decided I did not want the book because video takes up a lot of space. I deleted every single file. I did not download one single file. Several hours later, on it's own accord this app started downloading all the files from that book, every single video, every single one to my phone which continued to go over my data by 6 GB. I was frantic I had to go to Apple at the store. they were able to stop it by deleting by reinstalling the app turning off the sync. I thought the situation was taken care of, unfortunately it came back within hours. I was on the The phone the next day with Apple for hours they ended up having to restore my phone to an earlier time. I lost all my notes contacts, passwords, everything, pictures, etc... it was horrible this is a nightmare of an app!!!!! all away around do not get it!!!!!
iTunes U has a great concept and I liked that I could listen to other lectures that could help me study for some of my courses. I like the the fact that the lectures are free and you can subscribe to them, but the courses I've looked up to help me study did not have a big range to choose from. For that reason I didn't find it really helpful but I like the concept of the app.
I like it
Lots of horror stories in these reviews. I only use it to watch videos and I'm impressed. The video player is great especially compared to other similar apps.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 24, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 41.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.