Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring their classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-on-one or in groups, and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U is also still the place where anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—all right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos
• Engage every learner by including apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments, completed their work, or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-on-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available everyone for free.
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class time with one-to-one discussions
• Start or join in on group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
What's New in Version 3.0.1
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
My Lord, who is working at Apple?
It is a collection of audio files and/or video files in order, so please just let me access them and play them. But nooooo, the UI is incomprehensible and would make a 1990s Windows programmer so proud. I synced with iTunes on my new 6s and god help me if I can even find one of the supposedly synced videos or audio files. The courses are listed, but clicking on them gives me all kinds of info on the course, but not the darn course audio or video files? I wish I could channel Steve Jobs here and have him rightly scream and swear at the people who put this together. Apples needs more screaming and tantrums.
Great educational app
Love it. If you use their huge library correctly you will actually be taking college courses for free. What beats that?
Apple does it again and will continue to do so. Go Apple! Thank you for all the great work you do for the world!
buggy since iOS 9
Videos are hanging up hard for several minutes whether on LTE or on WIFI about twice in 45 minute sessions. It's really kind of annoying and breaks focus having to deal with, which consists of sitting there annoyed.
There's generally something wrong with the player too though. It I hit the 15 sec back button there's a lag and the image hangs and the audio will keep playing a bit though.
Also, why aren't the status check boxes being synced across devices?
Otherwise, good stuff.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.