Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, start class discussions or talk with students one-on-one to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments, and remind students when assignments are due
• Grade student work and track the progress of your class in the grade book
• Use the single-student view to offer individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions in 1:1 chats or start debates with the class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import rosters to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available to everyone for free
• View assignments and course updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class with one-on-one messages
• Start or join group discussions with the whole class
• View your grades and instructor feedback for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• Shared iPad and Manage Apple IDs requires iOS 9.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (4th generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• Roster import requires Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs
• 3D Touch requires iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 9.0 or later
What's New in Version 3.4
• Share Swift Playground files between teachers and students
• Open iTunes U directly to recently viewed courses using 3D Touch from the home screen on iPhone
IOS 10 Update
I don't know how else to contact you about the email functionality after the IOS 10 update. This is my travel season at work and I rely heavily on my phone for email. I can't organize or read my email. When there is a thread, original email is listed multiple times and the font on the original emails are so small I can't read them. Not sure how this made it through QA but fix it quickly and run an emergency release. PS not sure why we can't make comments on the podcast app.
3D Touch doesn't work
Latest update was supposed to allow you to open recently played courses using long press on home screen. Recent courses are listed when long press, but takes you to the main home page for iTunes U when click for each course, rather than to the individual course. Also, the long press is super sensitive and will often open the app directly when long pressed, rather than pulling up the list of recently played. Pleas fix.
Obviously this doesn't replace one on one lessons from an instructor, but if there is a specific area that you need clarification on, this app will save your life! Love, love, love! Probably the only awesome thing about getting the iPhone 7.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 66.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.