Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring their classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-on-one or in groups, and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U is also still the place where anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—all right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos
• Engage every learner by including apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments, completed their work, or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-on-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available everyone for free.
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class time with one-to-one discussions
• Start or join in on group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
What's New in Version 3.1
• Posts can now include images
• Grade book displays student’s average grade within a course
• Grade book displays minimum, maximum and mean grades for an assignment
• iTunes U is now designed to take advantage of the larger canvas of iPad Pro
• Includes minor stability and performance improvements
Grey Downloading bugged
Didn't have a problem till I tried downloading an image file marked as a tv(in the search view). It became stuck 'downloading' and greyed out. Since then, downloads I know work, are doing the same. With this 3.1 I can't really recommend it. I tried removing and reloading the app, as well as the device, looked for a way to stop it and found nothing. When the next version comes out I'll give it a go but until then, I'll stick to the internet over itunesU.
Latest "update" gets stuck on last video played and will not move on to any other items in my library. It also disabled ipad's ability to delete ANY apps including this train wreck and hangs the lock screen for the ipad when I restart and I have to wait for it to time out to get it to unlock. Result is that it is impossible to use itunes u or my ipad with this "improvement".
No more zoom
I can not zoom in on any of my documents. I would really appreciate if I could zoom in on my documents again. This app is amazing but I sometimes have to draw on my documents, so I need zoom. :(
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 22, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 34.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.