By Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTyphoon is a premium mobile application that provides reliable and relevant typhoon updates to Filipinos and the world for FREE! It has five (5) tabs: Details, Map, List, Help, and Credits.
DETAILS presents the following:
1. Heading (update number, current update date/time, next update date/time)
2. Icon (intensifying, weakening, steady)
3. Summary (Philippine typhoon name, international typhoon name, current eye location, maximum windspeed, gustiness, area of responsibility, direction and speed, heading towards location)
4. Background (no typhoon, over ocean, landfall)
5. Narrative (descriptive behavior of the typhoon)
6. Signals (Public Storm Signal Warnings issued by PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)
7. Distances (distances with respect to places of interest and popular destinations)
8. Forecast (weather outlook for the next 2-5 days)
MAP displays useful visual guides:
1. Green Pin (the user-device location)
2. Weather Disturbance Icon (the disturbance location)
3. Coverage Rings (force winds and diameter)
4. Previous Tracks (according to updates)
5. Forecast Tracks (in 24, 48, and 72 hour)
REFERENCE shows the application user guide plus some useful sections that may help us understand typhoons.
CREDITS displays the developer details with links to viewing the application website, posting reviews of the application, sending user feedback to the developer, and sharing the application to friends via email.
Help us improve iTyphoon! Send your suggestions to email@example.com or visit the website at www.nueca.net
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Added offline caching on preparedness list
- Improvement on the sharing feature (Twitter and Facebook).
This app was a go-to app for typhoon updates. But of late it's been a let-down. I hope the system issues can be addressed.
This app is junk
I know for a fact this app is junk because were currently in warning level one in japan and it says there's no storm coming and it's supposed to hit level 3 tonight!! This app is WORTHLESS
This app was very helpful in 2012. Recently, it only updates once a week at most.
Please update frequently!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 20, 2013
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc.
- © Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.