By Indiana University
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The IU Mobile app is a gateway to services and information at Indiana University. By leveraging the One.IU platform, it provides convenient access to services across all of IU's campuses right at your fingertips!
Using the powerful search feature, you can discover hundreds of available applications and tasks and launch them directly from your mobile device. You can write reviews, provide rankings, create a list of favorites, and much more!
What's New in Version 3.0.0
Rewrite of IU Mobile application to use the One.IU platform.
this is not an iOS app
This is not a native iOS app. It's a web view wrapped in an app starter, with all the disadvantages of both approaches:
1. the GUI needs to be loaded from the network every time, making it slow and unresponsive.
2. each view is completely unrelated and differently designed: there's no consistency at all.
3. the app won't save your username/password, so that you have to type them in every time you use it.
4. several web views have NO mobile implementation. Those are truly unusable on mobile devices, no matter how they're wrapped in a web viewer app.
Conclusion: if you're not going to write a native app, better to withdraw this from the store. Employ someone who can rewrite it as a native iOS app, and only then re-publish it on the App Store.
From bad to useless
The previous version of the app was pretty awful, but this new version is nearly unusable. From a usability standpoint it makes no sense, and I don't want to type my query every time I want to see a bus schedule or my class schedule. I also don't want to have to keep logging in with my network ID. Seems like a massive step backwards for a school that claims to be (and usually is) at the forefront of technology.
This app is terrible, I know multiple students who have downloaded and deleted the app because of its horrible quality. The update made it worse as it won't even load. As a school of informatics and computing student I am saying this app is horrible and should not be downloaded, such potential and a huge market but they just don't deliver!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 23, 2014
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Indiana University
- © 2014 The Trustees of Indiana University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.