By US Office of Personnel Management
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
USAJOBS is working for America! The USAJOBS iPhone application puts the power of searching for a Federal job at your fingertips. This application is a companion to USAJOBS.gov, the official job site of the US Federal Government and your one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information.
- Search for jobs, save jobs and save your searches
- Notifications will give you a heads up if your application status has changed, if there are new matching jobs and more...
- Share job openings via email and on social networks
- View your application status
- Check out the latest features and more...
What's New in Version 3.08
• Clearing keyword text field bug
• Saved Search: show status positions based on saved criteria
• Add login option to save job if user is unauthenticated
• Display selected refiner criteria for a saved search
• Clear search results page prior to returning new results when a new search is performed
• Display all locations on job view page when position has multiple locations
• Other misc. display issues throughout App.
Don't waste your time - use the website
Here's the bottom line: if you stood the website and this app side-by-side, and compared them, it would be glaringly obvious how worthless this app is.
It seems to me that if you are spending money (and this this the federal government, so taxpayer dollars) on an app that doesn't generate income, you'd want it to be worth the investment. That means that it would have the same, if not most, of the functionality as the website. This app does not come close. There isn't even an option to delete messages from my inbox! And it only gets worse from there.
I can only imagine that the people giving this app a high rating either aren't familiar with the website itself, or only use the app for casual browsing of job openings. I believe anyone trying to use this app for anything more constructive would quickly see all its shortcomings.
Perfect for my needs
I downloaded this app in order to keep an eye on the position I would like to earn and guess what? It does exactly that. People have complained about the search functions, but I found them to be the exact same as the site and fully functional. The results were also as expected. As for submitting your resume via phone? Really guys? I'm not sure I want the tax payer paying for your employment with that amount of lethargy...
After I write this review I will be deleting this app due to the poor quality and ineffectiveness. The search function is terrible in general and does not allow one to search for only those announcements posted that day as the website does. The links to each job announcement status for the jobs you have applied to don't work either- I can click on any one of them but it all opens to the information for the first application in the list. Please go back to the drawing board on this app. Searching your site from a mobile web browser is easier and faster than using the app. Don't bother downloading.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 22, 2013
- Version: 3.08
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: US Office of Personnel Management
- © US Office of Personnel Management
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.