iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or Plex and the prior version was one of highest rated video converters in the App Store with 1700 five star ratings (US) since its introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 4k, 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include h.265, AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Converts all video to play on all Apple devices including iTunes, Apple TV and iPhone
• Support for h.264 and h265 encoding
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• Hardware accelerated super fast video conversion
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• Subtitles can be downloaded and added automatically from Internet sources like OpenSubtitles and SubDB
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose
• Add you own devices as you purchase them
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
• Support for Dark Mode
• Experimental support for creating and adding metadata to MKV files
• Various Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, definitely worth the price
I have been using iVI for a few years now to do conversions and import to iTunes. Version 4 of the software looks and feels better than the previous version (as expected though not always achieved). I haven’t directly compared the conversion speed of this versus previous versions but the rate seems quite similar between them. The price is very reasonable given that it does more than just convert media files, filling those pesky metadata entries without much need for user input. I continue being a very satisfied customer and will continue supporting this marvelous software. If you are in the lookout for a conversion/metadata software, look no further.
This Version is is a FAIL
Emailed support twice and told them I can’t complete any conversions . The app, just crashes everytime. The more files you attempt to covert, and if it is search for meta data, well thats a crash waiting to happen. I have yet to get IVI to work like previous verisions. So being fair I emailed support with the logs twice, and they thanked me for not leaving a negative review. I came them a chance to help with the issue. They did not reply. So now the negative review. This app crashes on every conversion. It is not stable in anyway since it never has performed like older versions. I paid for this version and lost my money. If it works for you, great, if it does not, you where warned. Support, should always attempt to correct a problem. This developer did not. So this once very good app, is now trash. No tech support. I don’t leave negative review often. I do contact support. However, that seems to be a non starter.
We mailed you back on the same day we received your request for support and haven't heard back. If you get in touch then we can help resolve the issue you're seeing. We review all open support tickets daily and our resolution time is usually less than one day. I'm sorry your experience hasn't been a good one and I hope you'll get back in touch so we can take care of things for you.
Have been using for many years to maintain our video collection.
Latest version is extrememly fast on conversions. The ability to simply choose your target device and let it run, makes conversions simple and as easy as child’s play. Awesome integration for obtaining Meta Data and subtitles…. Automations for file naming are fantastic.
The previous version had some visual icons which would indicate whether a file included Surround Sound, Subtitles, and/or Chapters; these iconic visual queues have been replaced by smaller hard to read text. I inquired to the author about bringing those back and he said he would look into it, but has not gotten around to it as of yet. Once that is done, I am happy to give this software a 5th star.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.