By South Pole Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or iMovie and is the highest rated video converter in the App Store with over 1400 five star ratings (US) since its introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose from...
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
What's New in Version 3.65
New in 3.65 :
• Several bug fixes
New in 3.64 :
• Fixed memory leak
New in 3.6 :
• Support for h.265 source files
• User can select language for unidentified tracks
• Improved Support for NAS as a source or destination
• Improved Support for Chapter Information
• Better support for SRT files with author information embedded in them
• Beta support for iTunes as a metadata source
• Many fixes for TV show metadata look up
• Fixes the issue where show destination paths were being reset
• User can choose not to include stereo audio tracks
This app is all about two features for me. Most important is the powerful, fast, customizable conversion settings. Exactly what I need, and it does batch conversion. That is the first thing I look for in a converter. The other feature that I've never had but is so amazing is finding TV sho or Movie info and filling in all of that metadata. It makes the files I import into iTunes looks as if I got them from the iTunes Store. This is the first app I've purchased from the Mac App Store and I think it will be the best I download all year.
After fixing the problem with theTVDB integrati, I now have problems converting video tracks of all file types. Useless at this point for converting videos for me
I think this will now be my replacement now for subler, whereas with subler I have to manually search and apply metadata to videos for everything file, iVI automatically applies the metadata based on filename and allows for corrections, the itunes store integration is what I thought I’d lose switching from subler but its included. I only have an issue with audio options, where checking any box force checks a greyed out stereo copy, duplicating that track in the final output.
Slow, sluggish interface
It appears to be “maybe" working so far, first conversion is in progress, but it was maddeningly annoying just to get to this point as the interface did not seem to want to respond very quickly. My first attempt is to try joining two halves of a move. The system has been telling me a conversion time of 1 hour and 51 minutes for about 10 minutes now and my activity monitor is showing that the program isn’t really doing anything so I’m a little skeptical of how useful this app is going to be.
First attempt, joining 2 movie halves, resulted in a 21MB file rather than the expected 2.5 GB file. Follow on attempts at joinging result in a total tailure with no reason given as to WHY they failed. Lowering my 3 stars to 2. I appear to have wasted good money on this
How Did I Live WIthout This?
This is a very powerful piece of software that makes oragnising and manging media library both effortless and easy. Absolutely essential for modern digital lifestyle, cannot recommend this highly enough - very easy to use, simple intuitive navigation witrh all the Power User features you could ever want. BUY IT!!