By South Pole Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or iMovie and is the highest rated video converter in the App Store with over 1400 five star ratings (US) since its introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose from...
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
What's New in Version 3.64
New in 3.64 :
• Fixed memory leak
New in 3.6 :
• Support for h.265 source files
• User can select language for unidentified tracks
• Improved Support for NAS as a source or destination
• Improved Support for Chapter Information
• Better support for SRT files with author information embedded in them
• Beta support for iTunes as a metadata source
• Many fixes for TV show metadata look up
• Fixes the issue where show destination paths were being reset
• User can choose not to include stereo audio tracks
Great for non-techies
I have used several conversion apps and while they all worked reasonably well but setting them up was a pain. If you don’t need or dont care about controlling every technical aspect (and there are a number of them) of your finsihed movie file, this is for you. It works great and still allows for adjusting some of the more important settings. Great results can be had from just dragging the file to be converted into the app and clicking “convert”.
Will imbed subtitles. It will search the web and supply the cover photo, actors, description etc., and include those in the file. This info can be added in seconds to exiting movie files that donot have this data.
This app has gotten better and better with each version - more capabilities, better stability, and better results. Can’t ask for anything better for converting movies and importing metadata.
This app does everything I need it to do. It is very easy to use. It has big buttons that are easy to understand. I download a video and load it into iVI. It converts it adds the meta data and exports its to Plex for me. So simple :)