By South Pole Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or iMovie and is the highest rated video converter in the App Store with over 1400 five star ratings (US) since it's introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose from...
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
What's New in Version 3.5
- Improvement in conversion speed
- Improved and faster subtitle burning
- Fix for issue where playback is paused in iTunes
- Fix for HD/SD conversions
Awesome tool if you take into account this information
First off, thank you to the company that wrote this software. Here are a couple of tips:
1. Choose the number of threads that the software is allowed to use so it doesn’t max out your cpu all the time and cause your computer to overheat. You can adjust the number of threads under the conversion tab.
2. The software detected all of my videos as Movies instead of Home Movies. If you highlight all videos, choose edit, and then choose Home Movies, it will change all of the highlighted videos to Home Movies. This is important because you want the software to use the seettings you configured for Home Movies. Now, if you choose to edit the first video, you can just use command+N to move through all videos (you will notice that all of the videos change to a green ok each time you use command+N).
Having said that, I love this software and will never ever buy a video camera that uses .MTS format.
Hope you found this review helpful.
Clearly, this app performs its intended functions well - just look at the preponderance of 5-star reviews!
But it is also a very invasive, bossy app. Personally, I don't care for apps that change icons on existing files
the app hasn't even opened yet, without asking. Or that add themselves to the menu bar, without asking.
Or that make themselves the default app, without asking, a certain amount of which is easily reversible,
if inconvenient…it's just an attitude in the app I don't appreciate. I'm sure the writers will claim they were just being 'helpful',
but, in my view, it's coercive and untrustworthy.
The final example was that, to trash the app, my admin password was required…the cheek!
Best easy to use video conversion software to date
I love iVI and it excels on the job of converting videos on iTunes friendly format. It has simplified a ton the workflow to get videos on my library, and to tell you thr truth the automation process gets you lazy. :)
Only feature I miss is that it will not pull subtitles from the net, nor let me use a script to do it before converting the video.
Thank you Southpole Software for the amazing product.