Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iVolatility is now offering iVolatility Lite - a new free mobile trading application with intraday option and implied volatility data for iPhone/iPad/iPod.
iVolatility Lite is a must-have mobile trading app for all active option traders
Based on our options trading web tools such as Basic Options, Advanced Options, Advanced Historical Data, IV Graph and delivering the most popular features of these tools, iVolatility Lite includes Options Desk and Charts, two important screens for mobile stock and options trading.
The Options Desk displays intraday equity prices with volume and option chains for at-the-money strike prices for all expirations including option quotes, with volume, open interest, bid & ask with size, as well as implied volatility and all of the important Greeks needed for options trading such as Delta, Gamma, Theta, Vega, Rho along with Theo. It covers all US equities with options (indexes, stocks, ETFs, and volatility indices – over 3700 names). Quotes, IV & Greeks are 20-minutes delayed.
Charts screen become a personalized equities watch list and used to monitor price and volume, along with the IV Index, (IVX) and Historical Volatility intraday along with closing values and changes. The symbol lookup on Charts includes the most active 1000 US symbols.
The custom watch list then can be sorted by tapping on heading. By double-tap on symbol, small detailed chart widget appears below with the intra day data chart. By changing the screen to horizontal, the chart is enlarged and additional chart settings become available.
IVIndex (IVX) used in Charts is the best measure of Implied Volatility, using a special weighting of at-the-money options interpolated to fixed maturities from 30 to 180 days. Created by IVolatility in 1999, IVX has become a well-respected market volatility estimator due to its availability for every optionable name, making it a convenient risk measure for trading.
Historical Volatility is the annualized rate of price change for the underlying, available for periods from 10 to 180 trading days. HV values are as of close.
iVolatility Lite has been tested to work on iOS5 and greater.
* Useful tips:
- Free registration at www.ivolatility.com gives you access to free stock and options trading tools using your login/password for iVolatility Lite.
- The mobile app has two screens: Options Desk and Charts with Charts being the first screen displayed. Switch between the two screens by tapping the corresponding toolbar button.
- Please send any questions and comments to email@example.com
* In Charts:
- Tap once on a chart to highlight it, double-tap to collapse or expand, and use the X button on a highlighted chart to delete it. Use the horizontal position to see the detailed chart.
- To add ticker symbols, click ADD TICKER button and enter US ticker symbols like XYZ. Choosing any selection by tapping the line adds it to the charts watch list.
- Tap on column headings to sort the values.
- The Charts watch list is limited to 30 lines.
- All volatilities (IVX, HV) are annualised and *100%.
- IVX and price data display intraday (20 min delayed) values in the LAST column.
- Charts lookup includes the top 1000 US tickers.
- Chart shows a maximum of 500 bars (or candlesticks) of history.
* In Options Desk:
- Click the ADD TICKER button, type symbol.
- Tap on maturity to open options chain with quotes, IV, and the Greeks.
- Options desk displays only ATM strikes from 2 to 6 strikes per expiration depending upon strike distance and spot price.
- Options desk displays the best bid/ask options quotes.
- Tap on strike to go to detailed options quotes by exchange.
- To scroll to the Greeks columns, use the arrow symbols “left arrow” and “right arrow” at the top of the options chains table.
- Multiple expirations can be opened, but only one will be updated intraday.
- To close the expiration, tap on it.
Options data of this depth a quality not too long ago was a high priced service. Many web sites don't even have this depth of information. Now it is available at the coffee shop! A must have tool for serious options traders that use the Greeks and volatility to formulate strategies.
A nice free service, especially intraday data.
How do you get more strikes in the option chain?
It's too bad because the website is great!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Released: Mar 08, 2013
- Version: 1.1.10
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Derived Data LLC
- © iVolatility.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.