Ivory is a piano game that helps you improve your sight-reading. Ivory has won the Harvard Innovation Challenge and Dean’s Cultural Challenge and was a MassChallenge Finalist. As you play your piano, Ivory listens, providing feedback on your performance and allowing you to hone your sight-reading and overall piano skills.
Ivory is a fun, fast-paced way to engage with your music. Just sit down at your piano and play. Ivory provides you with real-time feedback on your accuracy. Compete with yourself to master your sight-reading and piano technique. The longer you go without making a mistake the farther you will go and the more challenging pieces you will encounter. You will be surprised how quickly you can learn when you are having fun!
- Play along using your piano and receive real time feedback on your performance.
- Music autoscrolls so you can simply set your IOS device down and begin to play.
- Focus your practice on a particular key signature. Speed up or slow down the tempo to fit the level of difficulty that you desire.
- Universal App for iPad or iPhone.
How Ivory works:
- Swipe left. A metronome countdown will let you know when to start playing the sheet music on the screen.
- Play along with the displayed sheet music. It will scroll along with you automatically as you play.
- As you make mistakes, the bottom red status bar will fill up. Try your best to avoid making mistakes, and to keep the bar empty. Keep playing to see how many pieces you can get through!
We are happy to make Ivory free to use. We are passionate about motivating you to learn piano. The Ivory team has many new ideas and features which we hope to bring you soon. If you have any comments or suggestions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, @ivoryapp on twitter, or visit us online at www.getivory.com.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, needs improvements
This app can be revolutionary in the field of sight reading music apps. However, there are a few issues that inhibit this app from reaching its true potential. Firstly, the screen switches to a new measure right when I need to play the first note of the new measure, so I am unable to look ahead to what I need to play. It is like a GPS that tells you to turn right when you have to turn right. Secondly, I wish that I could pause without losing the notes. In the app's current form, pausing causes the current music I am sight reading to disappear and new music appears. Therefore, this app is definitely difficult for beginning sight readers, who should be able to reflect on mistakes, to effectively use. Lastly, there should be more access to customization, like customizing difficulty level (range of notes, one or two hands, type of notes). Of course, there are other aspects of the app that when improved can improve this app from "alright" to "extraordinary". I really do hope that at least some of these improvements can be accomplished.
I really wanted to like this app.
It would be so useful to have an app that could listen to my piano while I'm sight reading to see if my sight reading is improving. That's what this app purports to do, but this must be for advanced players. Even on Adagio, the speed is WAY too fast for a sight reading beginner. It also gives no feedback, just a generic motivational quote. Disappointing.
- Conner Dalton
- 29.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Ivory Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.