By Working Edge Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iWalk Cornwall is an app providing guided circular walks, with detailed directions and local information based on your current location.
Walks are purchased for £1.99 from within the app (which itself is free to download). The "Lanhydrock Gardens" walk is included with the app for free so you can try it out.
Over 200 walks are available in all areas of Cornwall and are classified by types such as coastal, moorland, pub and most popular walks.
- Tracks your location using the GPS receiver on your device, providing real-time information as you follow the walk route.
- Directions are triggered by your location, with a beep/vibrate notification when there’s a new direction for you to follow.
- Based on your location, provides information about points of interest along the walk.
- Includes an accurate map of the walk route and surrounding area, showing where you are on it and which way you are facing.
- Warns you if you wander off the walk route.
- Tells you how far you have left to go and an estimate of time based on your current speed
- Once walks are downloaded, the app doesn’t need a mobile signal or internet connection.
The app also includes a mechanism to feed back footpath issues that you spot to help us work with the CORMAC countryside team and parish councils to maintain Cornwall's footpath network.
Note: Users of Wifi-Only (non-cellular/3G) iPads will need an external GPS device to navigate using this app
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.19.0
- Added shorter/easier walks category to Walks Shop.
- Added coloured dots (indicating walk difficulty) and walk length to lists of walks in Walks Shop.
- Updated styling of Summary page for purchased walks.
- General fixes and improvements.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 03, 2017
- Version: 3.19.0
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Working Edge Ltd
- © Working Edge Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Lizard and Kynance Cove$1.99
- Port Isaac$1.99
- Boscastle to Tintagel$1.99
- Zennor to Gurnards Head$1.99
- Port Quin to Port Isaac$1.99
- Mousehole to Lamorna Cove$1.99
- Minions and Cheesewring$1.99
- Trevose Head$1.99
- St Ives$1.99