iWorkout - Music At Your Pace
By Varietas Software, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iWorkout takes your music and puts you in control. Designed specifically with group workout classes and interval training in mind, iWorkout allows you to create playlists (workouts) using your iPhone/iPod library and individually configure the tempo of each track.
Do you have a song that you really get into, but its tempo doesn't quite match your jogging pace? No more! Speed up that song and maximize your workout fervor. Have a great techno track that's just a little too fast for that step routine? Slow it down and get steppin'!
The Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences in Liverpool found that working out with appropriately paced music helps most people to enjoy a more productive and strenuous workout while perceiving the workout to be easier and more enjoyable. Even trained athletes perceived their workouts to be more enjoyable, even though faster paced music didn't help them perform at greater peaks. In general, people who exercise with appropriately paced music work harder, longer, and enjoy it more. Are you ready to put some energy back onto your personal workout routine? Do you lead a group exercise class and want to bring some of your student's favorite music into their group routines? This app will help!
iWorkout isn't just for instructors or runners. It's great for anyone who needs music to meet the tempo THEY choose, rather than what it was recorded at; bicyclists, joggers, trainers, group workout instructors, elliptical workouts, and more!
* Build playlists of music (workouts) imported from your iPhone/iPod library.
* Easily configure the tempo of each song in your workout individually, or in real-time during the workout. Advanced audio processing changes the pace of the song without altering the pitch or tone of the music!
* See the Beats Per Minute (BPM) of the music as you're playing it! Use the live BPM feedback to configure your workout playlist to match your intended workout pace.
* Set a constant BPM for the entire workout to adjust to!
NOTE: BPM Detection is a very complicated process. The algorithm used in this app works best on dance-style music where the driving beat of the music is audibly apparent. Certain genres or types of music may not detect BPM accurately.
* Easily configure the music within the workout and the order it gets played in.
* Works side-by-side with Nike+! Utilizes iOS 4 multitasking to play music in the background. Simply start your workout and then use Nike+ in the "No Music" mode to track your progress.
* Support for iOS 4 multitasking and fast task switching.
* Configure interval training to automatically increase and decrease your music's tempo as you workout.
* See the total duration of your workout based on the tempo settings you've configured for both a standard workout and interval training!
* File management tab keeps you in control of the music stored within the app. Clean out unused songs to conserve space as-needed.
* Help section in the app helps you get started quickly.
What's New in Version 1.9
* Fixed crash when a negative value is used for the "fast tempo" in interval settings.
* Allow interval durations of 5 seconds or greater instead of limiting to 30 seconds.
This works wonderfully!
This is a simple and straightforward app to do exactly what it says it does. It works well and the interface is simple and works great. Many apps are good ideas but do not function well. This isn't one of those. If you're looking to do HITT training with music to time you, this is the app for you.
I love it! Being able increase the BPMs on some of my favorite songs really helps to keep me going at the gym. The app is also very easy to use, which is important to me because I'm not very tech savvy! :)
The app can't play more than 3/4 of my songs and its constantly crashing. Waste of money. I want a refund.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 06, 2012
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Varietas Software, LLC
- © 2010 Josh Pressnell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.