iZen Garden 2 - Portable Zen Garden
By Random Ideas, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iZen Garden™ gives you all the peace and tranquility of a beautiful Zen Garden without the sandy mess! Choose from 100s of objects, plants and creatures to place in your garden, then rake the sand.
** Selected as one of the "500 Best Apps in the World" by the Sunday Times of London. **
** TOP PICK! Featured in O'Reilly's "Best iPhone Apps" **
** As Featured on iPhones in Apple store displays! **
** Editor's Choice by ItaliaMac **
** Selected as one of the Best 100 Apps by iLounge.com 2 years running! **
The tradition of the Zen Garden goes back nearly a thousand years in Japanese and asian culture. iZen Garden brings this beautiful artform to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Choose from over 100 different types of stones, shells, fossils and plants to place in your garden and then use your finger to “rake” the sand into intricate abstract patterns. All while listening to the soothing sounds of one of our 9 built-in meditation soundtracks.
iZen Garden™ is perfect for long meetings, train rides or meditation practice. It helps you to center your mind, relax your psyche and relieve your stress.
iZen Garden™ was chosen as a staff favorite it's first week in the App Store. Listen to what others have said:
"The best by far... a true rarity: it’s an app that we continue to enjoy many months after the initial purchase." - iLounge
"Out of all the Zen Garden applications, this is clearly the most thorough and precise, and the system is clear-cut." - iPhone Alley
* Choose from 100 different stones, seashells, fossils and plants, all professionally photographed from real objects and beautifully rendered to place in your garden.
* Add fluttering and resting butterflies to your garden which will fly around from place to place.
* Rotate, scale, and move the objects to place them using a pinch gesture with your fingers.
* Four different colors of sand, from beach white, to volcanic black.
* Nine different soothing ambient soundtracks to help still your mind while you tend your garden. Relax to the gentle lapping of ocean waves at your feet, the quiet solitude of a forest, or the soft twinkling of bells and wind chimes.
* Completely customizable rake with variable width and depth settings.
* "Daily Zen" a daily Zen saying or Koan is presented when you enter your garden.
* Save your design to your camera roll by holding the Home button and pressing the lock button.
* Built-in documentation and help system makes using the app a breeze.
* To access the Information Screen double tap anywhere on the sand, then touch the "Hand Moving Stone" button.
* Meditation Timer. Create your garden and then sit in quiet contemplation until the timer finishes and brings you back with a gentle ringing of a bell.
* Sleep Timer. Puts your phone to sleep after a set period of time so you can listen to the relaxation sounds to fall asleep without worrying about your battery dying.
* Share your garden and your Daily Zen on Twitter, Email, or through your film roll. Includes beautiful themes that frame your garden artfully with different trays and handmade papers.
* Save multiple gardens and recall them at any time to continue to tend and change them.
See what everyone is talking about, buy iZen Garden™ today!!
What's New in Version 2.5.5
* Fixed an issue where the sand color selection did not work.
* All additional elements are now free! That means dozens of additional trees, stones, and other items!
As always, please feel free to contact us with any issues you may have. We're happy to help!
Enjoy! Happy Holidays!
This is my favorite zen app, and was the first of its kind when I bought it years ago. I like it because it has the most calming music/nature sounds and a sleep timer so you can turn it off after a certain period when you go to bed. 2 complaints: can't purchase any additional elements because the server is down. I've been using the basic ones for years and there are plenty but it would be nice to have the option to get more. Second complaint is it's sometimes hard to select the elements and lock and unlock them because a double tap takes you to the menu screen. Overall though lovely app. I like emailing them to my husband first thing in the morning. It's a nice way to connect.
Best of it's Class!!
And the only one on the App Store. This app delivers the exact zen garden experience for $4 instead of the actual zen garden in real life costing much more. While there is obviously the digital versus physical differences, it is extremely relaxing and delivers an experience on a portable level that cannot be rivaled, not to much substantially less messy. There is nothing else like this on the App Store. The massive selection of elements, colours, customization and sounds is just absolutely pleasant. I'm glad they made an iPhone 5 iteration, I purchased the older gen one back in the day and am happy for the update. Easily get your money's worth, if this is your sort of thing. Delivers nothing more or less!
Rake doesn't work.
Rake no longer responds until seconds after and the impression shows up in the wrong place. In addition, the link to get/purchase more elements is broken. Such a shame. I feel duped. While point of the app is broken.