iZen Garden for iPad - Tabletop Zen Garden
By Random Ideas, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Chosen as one of the top 500 apps in the world by The Sunday Times of London and an App Store Essential by Apple **
iZen Garden™ gives you all the peace and tranquility of a beautiful Zen Garden right on your iPad, without the sandy mess! Choose from 100s of objects, plants and creatures to place in your garden, then rake the sand and share your creations!
iZen Garden for the iPhone was selected as one of the "100 Best Apps and Games on iPhone" for two years running by iLounge.com, was featured in O'Reilly's "Best iPhone Apps" book, and has been featured as a Staff Favorite on the App Store.
iZen Garden for the iPad brings all the great features of iZen Garden for iPhone to the big screen! This isn't just a "bigger" port of iZen Garden for iPhone though - this is a totally redesigned application that really takes advantage of the iPad's unique features!
The tradition of the Zen Garden goes back nearly a thousand years in Japanese and asian culture. iZen Garden brings this beautiful artform to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
iZen Garden is an app for creating beauty, and on the big iPad screen it truly shines. You can move and resize the objects using your fingers creating an infinite variety of compositions. When you're finished, you can save your design in the iZen Garden gallery, or share it with your friends through email, or even save your garden to your film roll and set it as the wallpaper on your iPad.
In addition to all this, iZen Garden also includes 9 built-in meditation soundtracks to help you relax and "find your Zen".
iZen Garden™ is perfect for long meetings, train rides or meditation practice. It helps you to center your mind, relax your psyche and relieve your stress.
More Praise for iZen Garden for iPhone:
"The best by far... a true rarity: it’s an app that we continue to enjoy many months after the initial purchase." - iLounge
"Out of all the Zen Garden applications, this is clearly the most thorough and precise, and the system is clear-cut." - iPhone Alley
* Choose from 100 different stones, seashells, fossils and plants, all professionally photographed from real objects and beautifully rendered to place in your garden.
* Add fluttering and resting butterflies to your garden which will fly around from place to place.
* Rotate, scale, and move the objects to place them using a pinch gesture with your fingers.
* Four different colors of sand, from beach white, to volcanic black.
* Nine different soothing ambient soundtracks to help still your mind while you tend your garden. Relax to the gentle lapping of ocean waves at your feet, the quiet solitude of a forest, or the soft twinkling of bells and wind chimes.
* Completely customizable rake with variable width and depth settings.
* "Daily Zen" a daily Zen saying or Koan is presented when you enter your garden. Over 300 bits of Zen Wisdom!
* Save your design to your camera roll by holding the Home button and pressing the lock button.
* Built-in documentation and help system makes using the app a breeze.
* To access the Information Screen double tap anywhere on the sand, then touch the "Hand Moving Stone" button.
* Meditation Timer. Create your garden and then sit in quiet contemplation until the timer finishes and brings you back with a gentle ringing of a bell.
* Sleep Timer. Puts your iPad to sleep after a set period of time so you can listen to the relaxation sounds to fall asleep without worrying about your battery dying.
* Share your garden and your Daily Zen on Twitter, Email, or through your film roll. Includes beautiful themes that frame your garden artfully with different trays and handmade papers.
See what everyone is talking about, buy iZen Garden™ today!!
What's New in Version 1.2.5
* UI Enhancements to better fit with iOS 7.
I have this app on my iPad. I use it daily as a part of my zen practice. I highly recommend it. There is only one very small drawback for which I will not take away a star. The flying butterflies only fly in the lower left corner. I would like to see them fly over the whole garden. If you are looking for a tranquility garden in this electronic age, I urge you to get this app.
I love this app. I have the iPod version, too. In the evenings, I look forward to sitting and tending my various gardens. It is very calming after chasing my two kiddos around all day. The quality of the images is spectacular. PLEASE update to add more amazing images. Thank you for this wonderful app.
First app I bought in 2010 on iPad original. Still ❤️ it. Simple, tranquil and beautiful. 🌞