By Celestial Teapot Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easily Crop, Scale and Resize Photos.
iZoom is a simple application designed to allow you to easily resize and crop your photos for optimized display on your iPhone, iPad, Mac Desktop, Avatars on the web, or in email messages to friends.
iZoom lets you choose the size of the cropped image you're trying to produce, and then adjust the size and position of your input image to fit in the cropped area perfectly.
With iZoom, it's easy to ensure your cropped image is always exactly the right size.
1. Drag an image from the Finder or from iPhoto onto the iZoom canvas.
2. Select the crop size for your final product from the list of sizes on the left. Choose from the built-in default sizes or create your own custom sizes.
3. Position the image with the mouse, and use the slider-bar to size the image to fit perfectly in the cropping region.
4. Click the 'Export…' button and choose a destination for your cropped image.
What's New in Version 1.1
* "Clear Canvas" action (in View Menu)
* Keyboard shortcuts for Nudging the Image on the Canvas:
← nudge image left 1px
→ nudge image right 1px
↑ nudge image up 1px
↓ nudge image down 1px
⇧← nudge image left 10px
⇧→ nudge image right 10px
⇧↑ nudge image up 10px
⇧↓ nudge image down 10px
* Keyboard shortcuts for Zooming the Image on the Canvas:
⎇↑ zoom image up 1px
⎇↓ zoom image down 1px
⎇⇧↑ zoom image up 10px
⎇⇧↓ zoom image down 10px
Glad to see an update
This application does only one thing, but it does it very well. If you need to quickly resize a photo to specific dimensions for web templates or other things, this is perfect. Many preset sizes are available and the ability to create your own.
When I upgraded to lion, my old version stopped working—it was a power pc app. I was so excited to find the new version in the app store.
Kudos for a great, small footprint, easy to use app.
YEAH! It's updated for Lion!
I've used this for years, but it died when I upgraded to Lion. I took a lot of mug shots tonight and on my drive home, I was dredding having to muck around with iPhoto just to do some simple crops and file size reductions. Decided to cruz the App Store and WOWIE-ZOWIE! There is my fav photo cropper, updated for Lion and this version doesn't crash after every 2 photos! I'm a happy guy… Thanks for the update!
This little app has saved me countless hours. It's incredibly easy to resize and crop photos. The only new feature I wish it had was the ability to do circular crop cutouts, so my images could look like Google+ profile photos.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 22, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Todd Ditchendorf
- © Celestial Teapot 2011
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later