A fast, simple, science-based way to make every minute count!
Designed by Chris Jordan, Director of Exercise Physiology at the Johnson & Johnson Human Performance Institute, the workout has helped people around the world.
• Workout Library contains 22 preset workouts, varying in intensity and duration
• Workouts are designed to fit your schedule, ranging from 7 to 32 minutes
• 72 exercises and 22 workouts you can customize to create over 1,000 variations – from easy to hard
• Smart Workout feature gauges your fitness and motivation level and creates a variety of workouts specifically for you
• Create custom workouts targeting multiple focus areas and workout intensity
• Control music and audio prompts from your device
• Learn the exercises with 72 high-definition video tutorials
• Set workout and inactivity reminders to help you stay on track
• Share your workouts via Facebook and Twitter
• Workouts are tracked and can be integrated with your iPhone Health App
It’s time to work out!
We’ve worked hard to make sure our policies and practices meet the high standard for data privacy introduced by the new European Union data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR)
Ratings and Reviews
Super useful but it could use one change
I've been using and appreciating this app for the past eleven months. Some days I do the seven minute workout, some days the smart workout and some days other forms of exercise. My husband does the 7 minute workout every single day but gives it his all. We are living in the Philippines, in one of the hottest and most humid parts of the country, for a couple of years. We don't have a gym or any equipment and rarely the internet and it's too miserable to exercise outside (we do a lot of outdoor humanitarian projects) so this app has been our primary method of staying in shape. There is one change I would like to see made to it. Just prior to the next exercise it would be helpful to see a demonstration of the entire exercise rather than a still shot. This would be done during the countdown before the exercise begins. It would also be useful to see a complete list of the exercises at the beginning of the smart workout. All things considered, I love this app and would recommend it to anyone. Thanks!!!
Great program but could be better
This is a great app. Often times I use the 7M w/o as a great way to warm up prior to my workout program and other days I use the smart w/o feature as a stand alone workout for the day. I love the variation in activities every time I use the smart workout, and therein lies the opportunity to make the app better.
The 7 minute workout is always the same workout, this repetition gets old quickly so I move over to the smart workout option; however, the smart workout frequently sets up for a 3 cycle workout (~26 minutes). This is too long for use as a quick warm-up.
So I am left with either doing the same old 7M w/o or trying to cut a smart w/o short so I can have some variation to my warm-up workout.
I would like to see an option to choose how many cycles I would like to perform in a smart workout or perhaps a “smart warm-up” feature to choose from. This change would make the app PERFECT!
Easy, customizable and flexible.
Update on the May 2017 update. It looks like the "looping" bug mentioned below is fixed - thank you! I like the app. It could use some updating - there are many good suggestions in the reviews, such as tracking across devices. But if you want a no nonsense bodyweight exercise app suitable for beginners to intermediates, at no cost (!), this is a good one.
Update May 2017. Still like the app. But latest update seems to have messed it up. Everything repeats. Example (basic 7 minute workout) goes jumping jacks, wall sit, jumping jacks again, push up, wall sit again, etc. And, tried to submit this feedback on the 7minuteworkout website but the comments won't send
I use this 2-3 times per week, with a combination of built in workouts and my own. Even 9-10 minute workout (incl warmup) is a great one. If I'm more ambitious I can do 2-3 workouts for a good high intensity workout.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reporting this issue. We have addressed this issue in the latest app update (2.6.3). If you are still experiencing issues after updating the app, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, Inc.
- 210.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.