The latest research and clinical practice updates in cardiology are now at your fingertips with the JACC Journals app. You can:
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope and the 3D Radiological Viewer
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, multimedia and supplementary content
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: IOS 8
About JACC Journals
The ACC publishes highly influential journals in the area of cardiovascular medicine. The current titles included are:
• JACC: The Journal of the American College of Cardiology. The number one cardiovascular journal worldwide, with an international reputation for excellence.
• JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging. Provides readers with a broad, balanced view of all aspects of cardiovascular imaging.
• JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions. Encompasses the entire field of interventional cardiovascular medicine, including cardiac (coronary and non-coronary) peripheral and cerebrovascular interventions.
• JACC: Heart Failure. Publishes the most important findings on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, and care of heart failure patients.
• JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology. Encompasses all aspects of the epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias.
iTunes subscriptions to JACC Journals
If you are a new reader, you can purchase an individual subscription to each journal or buy a single issue of any journal. Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
JACC: The Journal of the American College of Cardiology
JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging
JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions
JACC: Heart Failure
JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology
A single issue of any journal for $19.99
1-year subscription to any journal for $299.99
iTunes Subscriber’s Auto-Renew Feature
Yearly iTunes subscriptions will automatically renew each year unless you cancel. You can cancel at any time and up to 24 hours before your current subscription expires. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged the same price for the renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
End user license agreement: https://www.apple.com/legal/macapps/dev/stdeula/
Completely updated and refreshed User Interface
- Modernized with current design language
- Improved navigation - more logical and efficient
- Better utilization of build-it OS features
- Natural integration of past features
New features introduced since version 6.1
- Reference linking
- Simplified Navigation
- WiFi switch
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Refuses to load
Latest update refused to load on iPad Pro with latest IOS.
It is now Feb 2018 and it still isn’t corrected.
Anyone at ACC paying attention????
Needs to be updated for new OS
New os update needed. Will not load
Video play back is not ideal. Downloading is too slow.
The downloading of ecah edition was felt to be unnecessarily long. Also even with multi-tasking the app did not seem to download the edition in the background. i.e you had to stay in the app to get the download to work. I have seen other magazines where you start with the table of the contents and can start reading the article you like pretty quickly, and the rest of the magazine is downloading in the background. That model does not make you feel like the downloading was that long.
Also one may not want to read every article in an edition of the journal too.
The video play back also has a draw back at least in some f the vides. There is only one beat of the heart for example in an ech video. The play back does not continually loop. This makes it necessary for the reader to repeatedly press the play back. The resulting experience is one of frustration, as it is diffcult to see what needs to be seen. I am not sure if this is an iPad limitation or the app limitation. Irrespectively, the result is the same. Hops this could be addressed.
Overall this is a great way read the JACC and I am hoping that these "minor" annoyances can be easily addressed.
- American College of Cardiology
- 76.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2015 Elsevier Inc. © 2015 American College of Cardiology Foundation All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- JACC Journals Annual Subscription $299.99
- JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging $299.99
- JACC: Clinical Electrophysiolo $299.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.