JACK Audio Connection Kit
By Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JACK is more than just one app. It is a system that connects the music and audio world on your iOS device.
NOTE: THIS APP DOES CURRENTLY NOT WORK ON iOS 7 !
You can read more infos about the iOS 7 issue here:
JACK allows audio channels and MIDI ports of your audio & music apps to be connected with each other. It does not force a predefined schema in which way apps shall be connected with each other. You can freely connect them in any way you want, intuitively like drawing on a paper. Besides audio & MIDI interconnection, JACK provides other very useful mechanisms to let your audio apps work together like never before. For example record/playback synchronization between DAWs and sequencer apps. Arbitrary data sharing among apps and much more. Even though JACK is quite new on iOS, it already came a long way. Providing you the most professional and powerful environment for your audio apps, highly optimized with explicit multi core support, low latency and maturity which it gained over many years of usage and development on other operating systems already. JACK is an open standard, which can freely be supported by anybody.
- Audio connections between apps and external devices¹.
- MIDI connections between apps and external devices¹.
- Record/Playback synchronization between apps.
- Multi Core CPU support for high performance (parallelized internal audio graph).
- Low Latency Performance (configurable, i.e. 2ms buffer sizes).
- Arbitrary, custom data sharing among apps (allows easy extensions of the system).
- Arbitrary amount of audio & MIDI ports per app, changeable at runtime.
- Intuitive user interface that allows you to easily manage all audio and MIDI connections, environment settings, monitor current overall CPU usage and more ...
Your favorite audio app does not support JACK yet? Ask the app vendor to add support for it! Any developer can add JACK support to his app in less than an hour. SDK, example apps with full source code and complete documentation available on our website now!
JACK is free and open source. Everybody is invited to review its source code and improve JACK under the given open source license terms.
Note: Continued use of audio apps running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend you to stop JACK and other audio apps from background when you don't use them.
¹ For more informations about supported adapters and supported external USB audio/MIDI devices, please visit our support website.
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
- Support for iPhone 5 screen resolution.
- Improved CoreMIDI support : concurrency issue fixed, automatic reconnection of JACK ports when the CoreMIDI context is changed.
- Improved audio support in the presence of other running audio record/playback applications.
- Fixed screen rotation behavior when JACK was launched in landscape.
- SDK: JACK's own app icon now available via "Custom" API (client name: "jack", data name: "icon.png").
Read The Description
What's wrong with you people complaining that the app won't open or crashes on iOS 8 ? Of course it does Have you not read what the developer says in the beginning ? He says it Does Not Work past iOS 6 and it's not there fault but Apples . Before you jump on the developer and it give it minus stars First "READ"!!!!!
Just didn't catch on
Regardless of which version of iOS it works on, it just didn't catch on with other developers and there's only a handful of apps that it works with. You can't blame Apple for not writing their iOS around this app, it's up to the developer to write or rewrite their apps to work on an operating system. There are thousands of apps that work on the current iOS, just say you don't feel like updating it to work on iOS 9.
This wonderful application has been compromised by Apples greed and power hungry quest for world domination. I have heard that Jack has found a solution to make a comeback on iOS. Heres hoping for an update real soon fixing all this! Best routing app hands down.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 20, 2013
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- © 2001-2005 Paul Davis et al., 2004-2013 Grame, 2012-2013 Crudebyte
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.