"A fast, well-designed endless runner"
"A fresh feel, like a hardcore twist on Halfbrick's classic, Monster Dash."
– Touch Arcade, 4/5
"Pixel perfect (circa 1989), and the off-colour monochrome is spot on."
– Pocket Gamer, 7/10
Jump in the shoes of Jack B. Nimble and master the whip in this cute, retro auto runner. Leap and dash across spooky hilltops, gothic cityscapes, dank dungeons and more!
Whip candles to multiply your score, and use your environment to slow down and stay in control of the action; but watch out for obstacles that block your path!
With a score system based on player accuracy and distance travelled, timing and skill are key to achieving a position atop the leaderboard. Are you nimble enough?
- High speed side-scrolling action
- Authentic retro Game Boy era visuals
- Accessible single input control scheme - just jump and whip!
- 8 characters to choose from
- 6 endless, increasingly difficult levels to master
- Thumping chip tune soundtrack by Barry "Epoch" Topping
- Prove your skill with Game Center leaderboards and achievements!
Thanks for playing!
New Features and Additions:
- Added in-game and Game Center achievements
- Added 6 new characters (some secret!)
- Added 3 new levels
- Added 3 new music tracks
- Added 7 new color schemes (some secret!)
- Added color selection screen
- Added new character selection screen
- Updated map screen
- Updated title screen
- Updated splash screen
- New app icon
- Added stats screen
- Added frontend options screen
- Added in game manual
- Reduced game file size
- Added some secrets..!
- Fixed accuracy bug when whipping too close to the floor
- Fixed cloud bug on Bitter Bluffs
- Updated Jack B. Nimble sprite
- Jack O. Lantern attack (animation length now matches Jack B. Nimble)
- Fixed music volume bug on pause screen
- Miscellaneous performance tweaks
- And many more!
Sorry for the wait!
Ratings and Reviews
Love but please read my recommendation
Fun simple and fairly addictive. My only issue is the fact it’s only one command. Please give us a button for the whip it can still only work when mid jump but It’s a little glitchy as is.... sometimes I try to tap too fast during a higher jump and the whip doesn’t work... other times I let go of the jump to hit it again for the whip and fall short of the jump...even when it’s a small space and high jump shouldn’t be needed.
One of the best runners ever with a terrible bug
This game is extremely fun and addicting. The gameboy visuals are brilliant, and the gameplay is top notch. The soundtrack is a MASTERPIECE, Which brings me to the one HUGE problem. The games audio refuses to play through Bluetooth! I use Bluetooth headphones, so I can't enjoy with wonderful tunes the way I want! Please fix this ASAP. Thank you so much.
This is the most fun runner that exists on the App Store. You have the option of playing as Jack B. Nimble or Jack O Lantern. I personally prefer Jack O Lantern.
Your goal is to survive as long as possible while trying to hit as many candlesticks as possible.
It will instantly bring back memories of Castlevania.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.