By Killer Robots
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Jack-O-Lantern is an app that displays a carved 3D pumpkin. The pumpkin is recreated in loving detail right down to the flickering candle inside. Dozens of carving designs are included, so no getting your hands dirty carving the real thing. Set your iPhone in a dock to give your desk that appropriate Halloween atmosphere, or bring your iPod touch with you to spookify any outing. Artificial pumpkin smell not included.
- Highly realistic 3D Jack-O-Lantern.
- 30 different carvings to suit your every need.
- Scary ambient sound effects for that extra atmospheric touch.
- Double-tap the screen for a lightning strike.
- Drag your finger to rotate the view.
- Shake to change carvings.
- Supports both landscape and portrait rotations.
- Options are included in the Settings application.
Also check out the Jack-O-Lantern Screen Saver for Mac OS X, available at http://www.killerrobots.com/
And for your video game needs, check out Ladybug Dreams, the 3D arcade maze game, and Illuminations, the fireworks exploding action game. Available on the App Store by Killer Robots.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Updated pumpkin with higher resolution textures.
- Added 5 new carvings.
- Updated all carvings to increase resolution and fix minor issues
- Fixed rotation on iOS 6 and later.
- Improved rotation animation in general.
- Added iPhone 5 and retina iPad support.
- Improved frame rate on lower end devices.
- Added 3D stereo sound for fun.
- Added new light color setting.
- Improved flame graphic.
- Updated custom carving loading to be a little more liberal and less buggy.
Fun & atmospheric.
The jack-o-lantern carvings are attractive and creative. Nice flame effect. Propped up my plugged ipad and just let it run - great for a Halloween party or just to have on, kind of like a virtual fireplace. The only thing I didn't get; was mention of a "custom carving" feature which I didn't see how to access. Not that I would anyway as the many carvings that it comes with are really cool.
Have had this screensaver on my Macs for years!! Great to carry it around now! Looking forward to the updates.