Jake's Never Land Shapes and Patterns
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Play games and practice shapes and patterns with Jake and the crew!
• Read along with an all-new adventure story!
• Collect gold doubloons and use them to personalize your pirate puppet!
It’s a starry night on Pirate Island, and Jake, Izzy, and Cubby are going on a treasure hunt with their new friend, Brightly the firefly. But uh-oh! Captain Hook has overheard their plans and wants to get to the treasure first. It’s up to you to help the crew think fast and find the spots on Cubby’s map.
• Three leveled curriculum activities support shape and pattern identification as well as pattern extension:
-- Shadow Puppets: Drag and drop matching shapes onto Circle Rock.
-- Rolling Hills: Help the crew make a path by completing patterns.
-- Lightning Bugs: Spot and trace shapes in the Cave of the Twilight Treasure.
• Pirate puppets! Trade the gold doubloons you earn in the shape games for fun pirate attire, record a silly pirate phrase, and watch as your puppet dances to lively tunes!
• Two modes of play: Choose Twilight Treasure Hunt to experience the activities weaved into the story, OR, select Jake’s Shape Games to go straight to shapes and patterns practice.
• Delightful animation and interactive surprises throughout the app.
• Character voices from the show, engaging narration, and exciting music and sound effects.
Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies.
What's New in Version 1.2
NOTE: This app is NOT compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3rd and 4th Generation, and iPad 1.
*** Check out other Disney Junior apps, including:
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Paint & Play
- Sofia the First: Story Theater
- Minnie Bow Maker
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Wildlife Count Along
Disney and their 1GB Kids Apps
Disney has done it again. And by "again" I mean they have created a bloated app that takes so much space yet offers so little to do.
I consider my kids "Spoiled" because they have their own iPads. But when I look at what apps are eating all their storage then the top of the list is ALWAYS the Disney ones.
Disney Painting apps are supposed to emulate coloring books but they're so full of animation that they are 6-700MB. And Something as simple as a Monsters Inc or Frozen take nearly a GB of space each because these "books" are saddled with very low quality games that the kids never play. And then there's this Jake app that's supposed to teach the kids shapes... Which takes 900MB?!?
The Jake app can be rated as mediocre at best, But because of the "Jake" theming then the kids like it. But the only way to keep it around is to either delete other apps or buy my kids bigger iPads. (BTW, I am going with option 3. delete the App and accept that once again I just paid Disney money for nothing)
It was okay
Well, I've seen my cousin spent quite a long time watching all the animated videos and trying all the interactive activities. But honestly, the app itself contains very little activities...I think this app will be good to make kids occupied for like one day...Not very educational, personally.
Underwhelming and crashes
It crashes a lot, but even if it didn't crash still not sure it's worth $2. Buy the jake appisode instead.
There's one puzzle game and that's all you get. There's not even much jake content and the random announcer voice is awful.
Wouldn't buy this app had I been able to try it first.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 03, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 220 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Disney Publishing Worldwide Applications
- © (c) Disney 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.