Jam Maestro is a powerful music composition tool for musicians interested in making guitar-centric music.
Sequence up to 16 instruments together, including Guitar, Bass and Drums, and compose songs in guitar/drum tab format.
Midi sequence and play background apps in your compositions using the Midi and Inter-App Audio instrument types.
Easily construct harmonies and see the relationship between notes thanks to a unique interface. Instantly share tab ideas with friends and bandmates via Dropbox. Playback with highly realistic samples. Export tabs to PDF/TXT and render tabs to wav/m4a format. Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files.
- 5 Instrument types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio.
- Inter-App Audio Host and Node support.
- Connect up to 4x Inter-App Audio Effects.
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo.
- Full Midi In/Out compatibility
- Midi Sequencing
- Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files
- Export/Import Midi files
- Export tab to PDF/TXT file
- Create your own Drum Kits.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, including State Saving that captures tab info (share your songs in Audiobus presets!)
- AudioCopy support.
- Ableton Link
Check out - www.jammaestro.com - for many videos of Jam Maestro in action!
“This app gives me the power to pro-produce music even places that I can’t physically play guitar. I’ve used this as my main song-writing tool for years now.”
-Chris Zell (She Pulled The Trigger)
• Load up to 16 instruments, all midi in compatible.
• 5 Instrument Types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio
• Realistic sound, OVER 4000+ (painstakingly) recorded samples.
• Full guitar fretboard (22 frets).
• Palm muted equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
• Supports 6/7 string guitar, 4/5 string bass.
• Any custom guitar tuning in the range of Standard to Drop A possible (in most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound).
• One-touch Chords allow you to forget tricky finger position (+ define up to 25 of your own).
• Unique interface allows dynamic key changing as you play.
• Use guitar fretboard or drum pads as a midi controller to play background apps/midi devices.
• iPad version ‘Dual Mode’ allows you to play 2 instruments simultaneously, including 2 separate midi compatible apps/devices.
DRUM KIT CREATOR:
• Use own samples or background midi app sounds.
• Up to 20 pads, each which can be assigned with 2 sounds for cut off (eg. Open and Closed Hi-Hat).
• All custom kits fully compatible with internal sequencer
• Drum Kits using local samples are fully Midi In compatible.
• Create Interfaces for background midi drum apps and sequence using internal sequencer.
• Easily import and export your custom drum kits and share with others.
All Soundpacks now come unlocked in the Full Version.
• Guitar: Acoustic, Metalcore, Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic lead.
• Bass: Studio Tone, Blacklisted, Hazzard.
• Drum: Metal Drums, Rock Drums. Metal Drums Pro, Rock Drums Pro, Power Drums, Punk Drums, Vintage Drums, Jazz Drums, Vinyl Drums, Bongos, Tabla, Drum Machine 808, Industrial, Atmosphere, Percussion Kit, Timpani
• Guitar/Bass/Drum Tab Sequencer.
• Midi Sequencer
• Intuitive interface - program in notes just by touching them, rather than messing around with a numpad.
• Play in almost any time signature.
• Key analysis tools.
• Jam Mode means you can record all instruments to tab simultaneously as you jam over your backing instruments.
• Tempo/Repeat/Mixer/Panning Control.
• Save tabs in .jam format - export via iTunes or straight to Dropbox to share with friends/bandmates instantly.
• Share tabs as PDF/TXT file.
• Export tabs as midi file.
• Render tabs as wav/m4a files.
• Audiobus 3.0 Support
• AudioCopy Support
Note: iPhone 4s or higher recommended. Some users experience problems with iPhone 4.
- Support for 7 string Guitar.
- Support for 5 string Bass.
- Midi/IAA Instruments further support up to 8 string Guitar/6 string Bass.
- Individual instrument tuning supported. You can now set each instrument to their own separate tuning if you wish. This can be done in the instrument edit/setup screen.
- Capo support.
- Fixed a bunch of issues importing/saving/opening custom drum kits.
- iOS 11 File browser support.
- Updated to the latest Audiobus SDK.
- Various bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue exporting to PDF/Text where the slide '/' symbol would be placed on the wrong side of the note.
- Fixed some frets that weren't playing in Drop A tuning.
- Various bug fixes.
Any App Store reviews would be most appreciated!
Ratings and Reviews
Close to perfect
There are lots of options and good sound quality. This is an effective and versatile tool for getting your ideas onto some sort of canvas.
Cons: steep learning curve, unintuitive interface, .gpx import is not supported. Seven string tabs unsupported. Lowest tuning supported is drop A#, but the app won't let you open tabs tuned lower than that. It should just automatically set the tab to drop A# if the tuning is too low rather than not display the tab at all.
To respond to dev response: it's not that I want to see lower tunings possible in your app (drop A# is low enough for me), but rather I would like to see tab files already tuned lower be automatically formatted to A# so I can actually view them. Currently, such tabs cannot be opened. I'm aware that gpx can be easily converted to gp5, but most tabs from UG for example are gpx, which means I cannot simply grab them using Safari and view them using only my iPad. These are both simple minor inconveniences which hold the app back from perfection. Thanks for the response, I love your app and I look forward to the next update!
Find me a way to understand how to import .gpx and I may consider it :) You can always export gpx files to gp5 before exporting. Criticism about importing lower than drop A# noted. (Seems no matter how low tuning I provide someone always wants lower!).
Feature rich. Wish UI was more intuitive.
Pretty good so far...except I haven’t yet learned how to vary the speed of the notes when I want to play certain notes as 1/4 notes and some as whole or half notes, for example. I also haven’t figured out how to play certain notes sticcato vs letting them ring.
My notes above are not a hard knock on the app because I’m pretty sure there’s a way to do those things or folks would give the app a low rating. However, for as much instructions as they’ve provided, I still wish the learning curve was less steep and the user interface more intuitive.
So far, I’ve found nothing else in the app store that compares well to this. Looking forward to learning more about how to use it.
Hello! Have you tried going through the tutorial? The answers you seek are in there! I tried to animate the tutorial as much as possible because I know people see text and just go next next next, so hopefully its not a complete wall of text at least.
In answer to your question, you need to toggle the 'stop' button in the middle bar of the tab screen (this bar initially says 'copy' 'paste' etc, but you can swipe left on this to reveal further pages of options), then touch the fretboard strum layer to insert a stop signal (*) in the tab on the string you want. Same goes for 'fade' if you want it to fade out rather than stop abruptly. I recommend you watch the video in the videos section called 'advanced tab tips'. It will show you how to do this and more.
Any suggestions on how to make the user interface more intuitive welcome :)
Love this for creating guitar music when I’m on the road and can’t be at my little home studio. It’s incredible, my only complaint would be that I would like to see more tones and effects sometimes soon, maybe a few more distortion tones and some twangy country stuff. Please dev???haha. Love this app.
In response to dev. I have tried but nothing at the surface seems compatible. If you could recommend some compatible inter app audio programs I would appreciate it
Have you tried using inter-app audio to use sound from background apps? Using that you find a guitar sound you prefer from another app and use it inside Jam Maestro. Same goes for inter-app audio effects :)
edit: I highly recommend ThumbJam ... it has some great sounds, you can use up to 8 instruments from it in Jam Maestro at once if you use the JM 'Midi' instruments on different channels, and is an all round very solid app.
- David Blake
- 264.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 by David Blake
- In-App Purchases
- Effects Pack 1 $1.99
- Guitar: Epic Lead Soundpack Free
- Guitar: Bright Clean Soundpack Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.