Jam Maestro - guitar tab sequencer
By David Blake
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Jam Maestro is a powerful music composition tool for musicians interested in making guitar-centric music.
Sequence up to 16 instruments together, including Guitar, Bass and Drums, and compose songs in guitar/drum tab format.
Midi sequence and play background apps in your compositions using the Midi and Inter-App Audio instrument types.
Easily construct harmonies and see the relationship between notes thanks to a unique interface. Instantly share tab ideas with friends and bandmates via Dropbox. Playback with highly realistic samples. Export tabs to PDF/TXT and render tabs to wav/m4a format. Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files.
- 5 Instrument types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio.
- Inter-App Audio Host and Node support.
- Connect up to 4x Inter-App Audio Effects.
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo.
- Full Midi In/Out compatibility
- Midi Sequencing
- Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files
- Export/Import Midi files
- Export tab to PDF/TXT file
- Create your own Drum Kits.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, including State Saving that captures tab info (share your songs in Audiobus presets!)
- AudioCopy support.
- Ableton Link
Check out - www.jammaestro.com - for many videos of Jam Maestro in action!
• Load up to 16 instruments, all midi in compatible.
• 5 Instrument Types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio
• Realistic sound, OVER 4000+ (painstakingly) recorded samples.
• Full guitar fretboard (22 frets).
• Palm muted equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
• Any custom guitar tuning in the range of Standard to Drop C possible (in most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound). Even wider ranging tunings now possible.
• One-touch Chords allow you to forget tricky finger position (+ define up to 25 of your own).
• Unique interface allows dynamic key changing as you play.
• Use guitar fretboard or drum pads as a midi controller to play background apps/midi devices.
• iPad version ‘Dual Mode’ allows you to play 2 instruments simultaneously, including 2 separate midi compatible apps/devices.
DRUM KIT CREATOR:
• Use own samples or background midi app sounds.
• Up to 20 pads, each which can be assigned with 2 sounds for cut off (eg. Open and Closed Hi-Hat).
• All custom kits fully compatible with internal sequencer
• Drum Kits using local samples are fully Midi In compatible.
• Create Interfaces for background midi drum apps and sequence using internal sequencer.
• Easily import and export your custom drum kits and share with others.
All Soundpacks now come unlocked in the Full Version.
• Guitar: Acoustic, Metalcore, Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic lead.
• Bass: Studio Tone, Blacklisted, Hazzard.
• Drum: Metal Drums, Rock Drums. Metal Drums Pro, Rock Drums Pro, Power Drums, Punk Drums, Vintage Drums, Jazz Drums, Vinyl Drums, Bongos, Tabla, Drum Machine 808, Industrial, Atmosphere, Percussion Kit, Timpani
• Guitar/Bass/Drum Tab Sequencer.
• Midi Sequencer
• Intuitive interface - program in notes just by touching them, rather than messing around with a numpad.
• Play in almost any time signature.
• Key analysis tools.
• Jam Mode means you can record all instruments to tab simultaneously as you jam over your backing instruments.
• Tempo/Repeat/Mixer/Panning Control.
• Save tabs in .jam format - export via iTunes or straight to Dropbox to share with friends/bandmates instantly.
• Share tabs as PDF/TXT file.
• Export tabs as midi file.
• Render tabs as wav/m4a files.
• Audiobus 2.0 Support
• AudioCopy Support
Note: iPhone 4s or higher recommended. Some users experience problems with iPhone 4.
What's New in Version 3.4.2
- Audiobus 3 support added. Using AB3 you can now hijack any instrument and turn it into a midi instrument. Both midi in and out supported for each track.
- Audiobus panel moved to the left side
- Mixer screen now has an 'automated' label if an instrument's volume or panning is being controlled by automation
- PDF/Txt exporting now trims blank bars from start and end of an instrument
- PDF font size increased at smaller scales
- Fix for Bass instruments being silent if instrument order is not contiguous
- Dropbox API V2 support
Close to perfect
There are lots of options and good sound quality. This is an effective and versatile tool for getting your ideas onto some sort of canvas.
Cons: steep learning curve, unintuitive interface, .gpx import is not supported. Seven string tabs unsupported. Lowest tuning supported is drop A#, but the app won't let you open tabs tuned lower than that. It should just automatically set the tab to drop A# if the tuning is too low rather than not display the tab at all.
To respond to dev response: it's not that I want to see lower tunings possible in your app (drop A# is low enough for me), but rather I would like to see tab files already tuned lower be automatically formatted to A# so I can actually view them. Currently, such tabs cannot be opened. I'm aware that gpx can be easily converted to gp5, but most tabs from UG for example are gpx, which means I cannot simply grab them using Safari and view them using only my iPad. These are both simple minor inconveniences which hold the app back from perfection. Thanks for the response, I love your app and I look forward to the next update!
Finally found it!
I've been looking for this kind of app for a long long time. My only regret is that I should have found it long time ago. This is my second review ever and I own tons of apps.
Awesome for musicians!
I love this app, whenever i’m jamming and come up with something i like i write it down, lay down a drum track, and i continue writing. Thanks to this app i’ve written some of the most beautiful sounding songs on guitar.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 17, 2017
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 256 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Blake
- © 2013 by David Blake
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Effects Pack 1$1.99
- Guitar: Epic Lead SoundpackFree
- Guitar: Bright Clean SoundpackFree
- Guitar: Shimmer SoundpackFree
- Guitar: Stoner Doom SoundpackFree
- Bass: Blacklisted SoundpackFree
- Bass: Hazzard SoundpackFree