Jam Maestro - guitar pro tab sequencer
By David Blake
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Jam Maestro is a powerful music composition tool for musicians interested in making guitar-centric music.
Sequence up to 16 instruments together, including Guitar, Bass and Drums, and compose songs in guitar/drum tab format.
Midi sequence and play background apps in your compositions using the Midi and Inter-App Audio instrument types.
Easily construct harmonies and see the relationship between notes thanks to a unique interface. Instantly share tab ideas with friends and bandmates via Dropbox. Playback with highly realistic samples. Export tabs to PDF/TXT and render tabs to wav/m4a format. Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files.
- 5 Instrument types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio.
- Inter-App Audio Host and Node support.
- Connect up to 4x Inter-App Audio Effects.
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo.
- Full Midi In/Out compatibility
- Midi Sequencing
- Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files
- Export/Import Midi files
- Export tab to PDF/TXT file
- Create your own Drum Kits.
- Audiobus 2.0 support, including State Saving that captures tab info (share your songs in Audiobus presets!)
- AudioCopy support.
- Ableton Link
WATCH: How to make a Metal Song in 5 minutes using Jam Maestro: http://youtu.be/hPhMFdoE3V8
MORE VIDEOS: www.youtube.com/jammaestroapp
"Unarguably THE BEST Guitar Song "Sketcher" Ever"
"Brilliant in design and ease of use. The best songwriting tool in IOS period"
"Drummer to drummer; GET THIS APP!"
• Load up to 16 instruments, all midi in compatible.
• 5 Instrument Types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio
• Realistic sound, OVER 4000+ (painstakingly) recorded samples.
• Full guitar fretboard (22 frets).
• Palm muted equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
• Any custom guitar tuning in the range of Standard to Drop C possible (in most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound). Even wider ranging tunings now possible.
• One-touch Chords allow you to forget tricky finger position (+ define up to 25 of your own).
• Unique interface allows dynamic key changing as you play.
• Use guitar fretboard or drum pads as a midi controller to play background apps/midi devices.
• iPad version ‘Dual Mode’ allows you to play 2 instruments simultaneously, including 2 separate midi compatible apps/devices.
DRUM KIT CREATOR:
• Use own samples or background midi app sounds.
• Up to 20 pads, each which can be assigned with 2 sounds for cut off (eg. Open and Closed Hi-Hat).
• All custom kits fully compatible with internal sequencer
• Drum Kits using local samples are fully Midi In compatible.
• Create Interfaces for background midi drum apps and sequence using internal sequencer.
• Easily import and export your custom drum kits and share with others.
All Soundpacks now come unlocked in the Full Version.
• Guitar: Acoustic, Metalcore, Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic lead.
• Bass: Studio Tone, Blacklisted, Hazzard.
• Drum: Metal Drums, Rock Drums. Metal Drums Pro, Rock Drums Pro, Power Drums, Punk Drums, Vintage Drums, Jazz Drums, Vinyl Drums, Bongos, Tabla, Drum Machine 808, Industrial, Atmosphere, Percussion Kit, Timpani
• Guitar/Bass/Drum Tab Sequencer.
• Midi Sequencer
• Intuitive interface - program in notes just by touching them, rather than messing around with a numpad.
• Play in almost any time signature.
• Key analysis tools.
• Jam Mode means you can record all instruments to tab simultaneously as you jam over your backing instruments.
• Tempo/Repeat/Mixer/Panning Control.
• Save tabs in .jam format - export via iTunes or straight to Dropbox to share with friends/bandmates instantly.
• Share tabs as PDF/TXT file.
• Export tabs as midi file.
• Render tabs as wav/m4a files.
• Audiobus 2.0 Support
• AudioCopy Support
Note: iPhone 4s or higher recommended. Some users experience problems with iPhone 4.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
- iOS 10 compatible.
- Minor fixes to Midi Clock.
- Now automatically switches to stereo when headphones are plugged in or panning/balance adjusted in Automation menu.
All app reviews get cleared between each version. If you like Jam Maestro please take a moment to refresh your review for the latest version to help support the app.
This is my go to for writing down and figuring out songs for my band to play. Jam Maestro has everything I need. I can write for guitars, bass, and drums, all the sounds sound realistic, and I can even export and email my songs to my band mates directly from the app. There have been lots of fun additions lately as well, like the drum machine and functionality for guitar tricks. Updates are timely and quality, interface is easy to understand, and functionality is excellent. Overall it's a fantastic app and would recommend to any musician out there due to it's variety of uses.
I've found my rhythm guitarist
I'm not exclusively using this app for the guitars but I've found so many sounds that this app will accomplish that are not in other guitar apps. The chug feature is awesome and I really am working on creating guitar tracks that sound like a real guitarist playing my music. The only guitars I've found so far that have the same high quality are loops playing somewhat generic patterns, I can't and won't use them for anything other than figuring out chord progressions.
It's a phenomenal app, me and my band mates use it to create material when where not always with each other. The only thing I'd like for the developers to fix are little glitches regarding load times, the app logging out and minor freezing. Since it's such a beautiful app and so practical, I overlook that in my review but otherwise it would have been 3-4 stars.
It's gotten better with this version I just hope that the developers can work on fixing that up
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 247 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Blake
- © 2013 by David Blake
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Effects Pack 1$1.99
- Guitar: Epic Lead SoundpackFree
- Guitar: Bright Clean SoundpackFree
- Guitar: Shimmer SoundpackFree
- Guitar: Stoner Doom SoundpackFree
- Bass: Blacklisted SoundpackFree
- Bass: Hazzard SoundpackFree