JamUp Pro XT - Multi Effects Processor
By Positive Grid Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JamUp is the world’s best Guitar/Bass Multi-Effects Processor for iPad and iPhone.
- JamUp is the No.1 amp-and-effect app
- Over 10,000 artists, factory and users presets in ToneSharing
- Featured worldwide by Macworld, Premier Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player, Guitarist
JamUp XT comes with 1 amp and 6 effects. JamUp Pro XT adds fully 6 amps and 16 stomp-box and premium rack effects - including distortion, compression, tape delay, tremolo and spring reverb. Both JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT include Jam player, phrase sampler, ToneSharing, preset manager, 8-track recorder (optional), live-view, tuner and metronome.
All the amps and effects can be arranged with the easy to use drag-and-drop interface, simply move them around to create your own unique signal chain. JamUp offers the best sounding and studio quality collection of amp and effect models, with the optional expansion packs, it features 46 amp channels and 40 classic effects.
Each amp model was carefully measured and analyzed based on the actual unit, and it was developed with Positive Grid's MESH Multi-Stage Modeling Technology, it offers significant sonic improvement than other digital amp modelers, with dead-on accuracy and tube-like touch and feel.
The modeled sounds are just part of what JamUp has to offer. The Jam Player module makes it a snap to import songs from your iTunes library to jam along with, and you can adjust the tempo and pitch with the high-fidelity time-stretching engine. There’s the sound-on-sound phrase sampler, which lets you easily record and layer looped parts. What’s more, with the optional 8-track recorder, built-in tuner and metronome, it delivers a complete professional processing and recording solution.
ToneSharing allows users to create, share and download custom presets right inside JamUp. You can check out presets from top artists, staff picks, or user created tones from all over the world. The tone-creation possibilities of this new platform are virtually infinite.
JamUp is now integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid's new BIAS - Amp Designer and Modeler app, expanding JamUp into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. BIAS starts with stunning replications of 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history and then lets you dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture. Swap out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic—even change the tube’s bias—to create your dream amp and distinctive signature sound.
- Realtime Guitar/Bass Amp and Multi-Effects processor
- JamUp seamlessly integrated with BIAS - the ultimate amp designer and modeler
- Run 7 simultaneous amp and effect models
- Drag and drop signal path for easy tone creation
- JamUp XT includes 1 amp and 6 effects, JamUp Pro XT includes 6 amp and 16 premium effects
- In total 48 amp channels and 40 effect models (via in-app purchase expansion packs)
- Complete 8-Track Recorder System (via in-app purchase)
- Phrase Sampler with undo feature, start mode selection, synchronized metronome
- iTunes Jam player to access your iTunes library with time stretching (pitch/speed) engine
- ToneSharing, download over 10,000 artist & user presets, or share your own
- 128 slot preset manager
- Live-View control page
- Built-in Tuner/Metronome
- MIDI learning and assignment
- Audio Copy/Paste
- Audiobus support in 3 slots
- And much, much more...
- Designed with JamUp Plug (available on Amazon.com for $19.99)
- Griffin StompBox, Griffin StudioConnect
- AirTurn Wireless Footswtich
- Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
- iRig, iRig HD, Ampkit, Ampkit HD
What's New in Version 3.1.2
- JamUp/BIAS integration bug fix.
- BIAS for iPhone is now available. BIAS is an Amp Designer, Modeler and Processor. It allows you to change preamp and power amp tube types, edit amp voicing, adjust bias, audition various transformer types, swap out loudspeakers and cabinets, move microphone placement and much, much more.
- Added BIAS/JamUp integration. JamUp (iPhone) is now fully compatible with BIAS, you can custom design your guitar/bass amp in BIAS and import into JamUp's multi-effects signal chain, with one simple finger tap.
- Added Inter-App Audio. Inter-app audio allows you to route audio and control data between apps on your device. You can use JamUp and inter-app audio to record into GarageBand and other compatible audio apps.
Awesome and terrible
Amp and effect sounds are great. Update before last ruined the BIAS integration, but they've sorted that out. I had auto update on and that screwed me so DO NOT USE AUTOUPDATE if you plan to use this for anything more than bedroom jamming. If you want it to work when you need to work, make sure the update has favorable reviews and no bugs before downloading. They immediately knew the issues after posting that particular update and had a new version ready to go, but Apple doesn't work that fast so I was dead in the water for a few days. The 8 track recorder half works, app just crashes when you try to export anything you've done and I've had several songs just disappear on me. Infuriating to say the least. I wish I could buy stock in Positive Grid because they've really got something special. I'm using the Line 6 sonic port running output to a PA with great results. I have played most of the offerings and own a few of them. I'm floored by not only how it sounds, but the feel of the amps is incredible. Works with both solid and hollow body guitars.
Don't fix what isn't broken.
I originally used this app before bias, worked flawlessly I loved every tone I could imagine up and create. Then bias came, I have a iPhone 4, which means bias isn't for me. I had problems before and after the update, iOS actually had to update before this app was usable again, but now that I can use it I fell in love with it all over. The add on amps are amazing, the adjustability is wonderful, basically all of the effects are spot on, recording is easy though I have yet to find a tempo tap during recording.
Pretty good sound BUT
The quality of the amp sims are slightly better than NI Guitar Rig but not as good as Schuffham Amps (of course these are Mac apps. The big deal breaker for using JamUp live is that the effects are not stereo. Why they would cut this corner I don’t know except perhaps there just isn’t enough processing power in the iPad or iPhone. I’m sticking with MainStage.
That said, I was surprised how good this sounded for an iPhone/IPad app. I’d give it 5 stars if it had stereo delay and chorus, as it is it gets 4 from me.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 193 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Positive Grid Inc
- © 2014 Positive Grid Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Metal Expansion Pack$9.99
- Effect Expansion Pack$9.99
- Classic Expansion Pack$9.99
- Metal Expansion Pack II$9.99
- 8-Track Recorder$4.99
- Boutique Expansion Pack$9.99
- Bass Expansion Pack$9.99
- Bass Expansion Pack II$9.99