By Positive Grid Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Got tone? JamUp is delightful way to jam and practice on your iPad and iPhone.
- Over 10,000 artists, factory and users presets in ToneCloud Sharing
- Designed together with BIAS app to create your ultimate guitar amp
- Featured by Macworld, Premier Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player, Guitarist
JamUp XT comes with 1 amp and 6 effects. JamUp Pro XT adds fully 6 amps and 16 stomp-box and premium rack effects - including distortion, compression, tape delay, tremolo and spring reverb. Both JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT include Jam player, phrase sampler, ToneSharing, preset manager, 8-track recorder (optional), live-view, tuner and metronome.
All the amps and effects can be arranged with the easy to use drag-and-drop interface, simply move them around to create your own unique signal chain. JamUp offers the best sounding and studio quality collection of amp and effect models, with the optional expansion packs, it features 52 amp channels and 50 classic effects.
Each amp model was carefully measured and analyzed based on the actual unit, and it was developed with Positive Grid's MESH Multi-Stage Modeling Technology, it offers significant sonic improvement than other digital amp modelers, with dead-on accuracy and tube-like touch and feel.
The modeled sounds are just part of what JamUp has to offer. The Jam Player module makes it a snap to import songs from your iTunes library to jam along with, and you can adjust the tempo and pitch with the high-fidelity time-stretching engine. There’s the sound-on-sound phrase sampler, which lets you easily record and layer looped parts. What’s more, with the optional 8-track recorder, built-in tuner and metronome, it delivers a complete professional processing and recording solution.
ToneSharing allows users to create, share and download custom presets right inside JamUp. You can check out presets from top artists, staff picks, or user created tones from all over the world. The tone-creation possibilities of this new platform are virtually infinite.
JamUp for iPad, now integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid's new BIAS - Amp Designer and Modeler app, expanding JamUp into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. BIAS starts with stunning replications of 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history and then lets you dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture. Swap out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic—even change the tube’s bias—to create your dream amp and distinctive signature sound.
- Realtime Guitar/Bass Amp and Multi-Effects processor
- JamUp iPad seamlessly integrated with BIAS for iPad - the ultimate amp designer and modeler
- Run 7 simultaneous amp and effect models
- Drag and drop signal path for easy tone creation
- JamUp XT includes 1 amp and 6 effects, JamUp Pro XT includes 6 amp and 16 premium effects
- In total 52 amp channels and 50 effect models (via in-app purchase expansion packs)
- Complete 8-Track Recorder System (via in-app purchase)
- Phrase Sampler with undo feature, start mode selection, synchronized metronome
- iTunes Jam player to access your iTunes library with time stretching (pitch/speed) engine
- ToneSharing, download over 10,000 artist & user presets, or share your own
- 128 slot preset manager
- Live-View control page
- Built-in Tuner/Metronome
- MIDI learning and assignment
- Audio Copy/Paste
- Audiobus support in 3 slots
- And much, much more...
For iPhone7 users: you need a lightning interface with output to use this Positive Grid's app. For more information, please visit
What's New in Version 3.6.29
In this update, we are fully compatible with Audiobus 3, and fixed some minor issues to make sure its stability.
Team Positive Grid
Falling in love with this
It's ethereal fun using the delay and plate reverb effects and good to see that it can record my vocals when the iRig isn't plugged in. And I love that it loops the recording you did so that you can keep listening to it and the dubbing is fantastic. I find my recording snippets get stuck in me head the rest of the day haha. I'm having a ball so far thank you. ☺️🎶🎸♥️🌸🌱
Update: I'm noticing an awful long loud distorted him when I use the delay effect and I can't figure out where it's coming from. This frustrates my recording. I hope it's fixable.
The Best so many options
I love this app it has so much to offer not just fora guitarist but also for sound design and as a EFX unit amazing app and tool for music making and vey pleasing on the eyes
Best app for practicing
I use this app daily to play along with YouTube tutorials and also to record samples to send to friends. I love all the amp models and effects.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 02, 2017
- Version: 3.6.29
- Size: 296 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Positive Grid Inc
- © 2015 Positive Grid Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- JamUp Pro Upgrade$19.99
- Metal Expansion Pack II$9.99
- Metal Expansion Pack$9.99
- 8-Track Recorder$4.99
- All Access$24.99
- Bass Expansion Pack$9.99
- Effect Expansion Pack$9.99
- Classic Expansion Pack$9.99
- Boutique Expansion Pack$9.99