Japan Alert is the earthquake and tsunami warning application. Notify natural disaster that would harm you in Japan. Notification Server collect a real time data from multiple weather servers around the world.
There are great weather servers in our list; JMA (Japan Meteorological Agency), PTWC (Pacific Tsunami Warning Center), and TsunamiReady. The notification server consume real-time data from those servers and send notification to iOS Devices as threshold defined.
* 地震の震度による警報フィルターが付いて震度 0.0-7.0 まで選べる(弱い地震からの警報防止)
* 津波到達予想時刻・ 予想される津波の高さのモニタ
* Less than 10 minutes warning after earthquake has been occurred.
* Specify location of the earthquake, with local seismic intensity (how you receive the sensitive of the quake).
* Notification filtering by the earthquake’s threshold between 0.0 to 7.0 Rickter (less annoying with often small quakes).
* Worldwide access with local time in Japan.
* Tsunami advisory indicator less than 10 minutes after earthquake.
* Ability to monitor Tsunami’s status, when it will arrive and height.
* Identify coastal area where Tsunami will be effect.
* Evacuate indicator for near coastal regions resident.
- Support iOS9
Ratings and Reviews
For those that are residing or touring Japan, I highly recommend getting this app - very accurate and helpful.
When I moved to Japan three years ago, I was looking for a very good, low price, informative earthquake alert app. I checked out several, but Japan Alert is the best one out of all of them. It has informed me of numerous earthquakes, including major ones in other parts of the world. So it's useful not just for Japan. You can customize it so it only alerts you about earthquakes above a certain magnitude. You can also look on a map to find where the epicenter location is, and even an overall map to see where all the earthquakes have occurred recently. It also has a tsunami alert tracker, so in case there are any tsunami alerts, you will know. I highly recommend this app. Look no further!
This app is very easy to use, configure, and understand. I would give it a 5 if either of these two options were added. 1. Alert configuration allowed depth as factor in whether to send an alert. For example, if it is a 5.0 but depth is > 50, don't send an alert. 2. Although a location within Japan can be chosen, this does not seem to be taken into account for alerts. For example, if the earthquake was within xx kilometers from selected location, send alerts if rating is > 4 but if the distance is more than xx kilometers, send an alert if the rating is >5.5. If they manage to include both these suggested options, I'll try to give them 6 stars. ;-)
- Jirapong Nanta
- 7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Banana Coding
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.