The Japan Snow Guide has one simple goal, to help people get out and enjoy Japan’s amazing snow country, resorts and winter hospitality. Japan is blessed with a mountainous terrain that receives some of the heaviest snowfalls in the world and is dotted with natural hot springs. If you have chosen Japan for your winter holiday, you have countless ski resorts to choose from and one of the finest ski experiences in the world.
The key is to find the resorts right for you. Inside the free Japan Snow Guide iOS Mobile App, readers will find course info on some of the top resorts in Japan as well as information on featured resorts, resort services and destinations.
January and February are the peak snow months, but Japan’s ski season runs until early May. Don’t let another snow season pass you by. Regret can bury you like an avalanche. It can stop you in your tracks like a bad wax job. Know before you go because… “Knowledge means powder – think deep!”
- Resort information
- Mountain information
- Live webcams, YouTube links
- Downloadable trail maps
- News & Events
- Featured resorts and services
- Real-time accommodation bookings
- Original feature stories and articles
- Shop List for finding great winter gear
- GPS enabled map views and directions
- Push Notifications
- Facebook integration and sharing
- Bookmarks and Favorites
And more …!
Powered by Outdoor Japan Media and MapMotion
* Updated Resort information for the 2015-2016 snow season.
* A revamped Services section, highlighting new resort terrain, special discounts, outdoor operator services & more.
* An updated Alerts section that will notify app users of events throughout the winter season.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing a ton of slopes in Tohoku region.
The app only gives details on the big resorts. A none of the smaller slopes like Okunakayama are not listed.
Love this app so much!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.