Japanese Alphabet Study Guide
By Ronald Timoshenko
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Be sure to check out "Kana Kanji Funtime", now available in the app store! The perfect complement to the "Japanese Alphabet Study Guide"! Take a break from studying and challenge yourself with this simple Kanji game. Just search for "Kana Kanji Funtime" and download it today!
From the developer who brought you the "Tae Kim's Guide to [Learning Japanese]" app, comes a new app designed to help you learn the Japanese language!
The Japanese Alphabet Study Guide contains all three Japanese alphabets: Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji! It's like three apps in one!
- "Learn" mode to study and review the characters you know (or don't)
- Spaced repetition "Flashcards" and "Multiple Choice" modes for quizzing yourself
- "Browse" mode, for those times you just want to look around
- "Stats" section that shows your progress through each study set
- Custom study sets (Favorites) for creating your own lists
- Pronunciation audio for ALL hiragana/katakana
- Stroke order for each individual hiragana/katakana character (gojuuon)
- Kanji search: search by kanji or meaning, and add them to study lists
- JLPT and Jouyou Kanji lists
- Sample words for all kanji
- Completely offline, no network connection required to study
- High resolution graphics for iPhone 4 retina display
This software uses data from the KANJIDIC dictionary files and are used in according with the license provision of the Electronic Dictionary Research Group: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/kanjidic.html
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- iOS 4.3 compatibility
- Minor tweaks
Beautiful- extremely helpful.
Overall, this app is amazing. It helps you with stroke order, how to pronounce things, and it even gives out kanji! However, there are a few things I would like to point out.
First off, many people talk about this, and I will as well; the "shuffled" mode on flashcards is not very... Well, shuffled.
Also, if there could be an explanation for the kunyomi and onyomi for kanji, it is confusing with the many ways of saying one word or phrase. If there could be an help menu for that, that explains that whole section would be great.
iOS 8 compatibility update
I have what I hope is a small request. I recently downloaded the "Japanese Alphabet" app and was impressed and thrurowly enjoying it, that is until the iOS 8 Update. Ever since Apple released it the flash cards have not been working, the app freezes everytime I try to use that function. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, I tried a hard reboot of the phone and restoring my iPhone 5s and still the same problem. So my request is for an iOS 8 comparability update, thanks.
Please add a 100% random option to flash cards.. I don't care about the srs, I only use this for overall review. For a paid app we should have more control. I only want to see the missed cards at the end...
The apps still worth it as a reference and the example compounds for kanji are great. And it's nice to have the kanji in sorted groups.
It would be even nicer if there was a flash card option for ALL kanji... and maybe only test 25-50 at a time. AND RANDOM
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 28, 2011
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ronald Timoshenko
- © 2010 Ronald Timoshenko
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.