• Bilingual English to Japanese and Japanese to English dictionary
• Japanese to English word and phrase translator and translation
• Over 350K words and phrase can be used in offline
• Offline pronunciation and translate any sentences
• Scan text in image by pointing camera to search in dictionary
• Designed for student, teacher, tourist and language learners
• Having thesaurus, synonyms and antonyms
• Translate individual words, phrases, or whole sentences
• Tap a word for cross searching
• Bookmark and Recent history for instant recall
• Word of the day to learn IELTS, TOEFL and SAT words
• Multiple games help to improve English and Japanese vocabulary
• Offline Pronunciation helps to learn words properly
• Flash card and Word of the Day helps to improve vocabulary
• Phrase book, Phrase of the day and Phrase Card helps to speak common phrases
• Quote of the Day improves wisdom and motivation
* User interface bug fixed for new iPhone
* Some other bug fixed in phrase book and in translator
* In word description page Translation loading indicator bug fixed
Ratings and Reviews
OK Offline resource - but Capture feature doesn't work
Nice layout of menu, and fairly easy to navigate. Translator dictionary is good sized, and display of Asian characters has been very accurate (as I've been told). The pronunciation audio option is a great offline feature and also works well without delays. However, the crucial feature to scan characters with phone camera isn't working right. Mine is stuck on English, and is missing the "Other" button as shown in the help screen. It does immediately recognize Romanji (English) with a red targeting frame, but I really need it to see the Asian characters. Emailed developer quite a ago but no response. Would rate higher if that feature worked, otherwise it's just like similar offline dictionaries.
The ghost character
I enjoy this app's convenience, but noticed a potentially misleading and detrimental fault; in the "hiragana" pronunciation section, sometimes there will be a kanji missing from the word entry; i.e. "不" will be in the hiragana section as "ふ" but the actual character will not be there; so for beginners especially this could be potentially very misleading; just take note of this as you use!
Stop charging for pronunciation
I won't pay extra to hear a single pronunciation - that's just not OK
If the charge is a one-time overall charge, then it would be worth it. But the messages are unclear asking for $1.99 to hear an audio pronunciation... It appears to be a charge for the single word pronunciation. In that case - outrageous! If it is for unlimited audio, then make that very clear and you will sell much more.
- Md. Mahmud Ahsan
- 148.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Md. Mahmud Ahsan
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $2.99
- Pronunciation $0.99
- Online Translator $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.