Japji Sahib Free in Gurmukhi, Hindi, English with English meaning translation
By Jagpal Singh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Japji Sahib now in Gurmukhi, Hindi, English and also Translation in English.
• Each line is highlighted as the paath is recited.
• Mp3 Playback of Paath in the background when you don't want to read the paath.
• Increase / Decrease the Font.
• Alarm Reminder for Paath.
• Bookmark the page.
★★★★★ Jan 26, 2013 by Parneet singh
Excellent! Simply awesome. - The best gurbani app in the App Store. The idea of voice + paath : Just Brilliant . Waheguru Mehar kare , Chardi Kala.
★★★★★ Jan 19, 2013 by AvleenK
Thanks! Awesome app - Gur Fateh all!This is one of the best Gursikhi related app I've ever used.. With the audio running side by side and multiple language options this is by far THE BEST app!!!Thanks sooooo much!!! :) PS - I'll be highly thankful if you can port other Nitnem banis like this too.. Will be glad to contribute to the cause.
The Japji Sahib is a Baani composed by Guru Nanak dev ji, the founder of Sikhism. It appears at the beginning of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and the compilation consists of an opening Salok or verse, a set of 38 Pauris or hymns and a final closing Salok and is an epitome of the Sikh doctrine. It is recited by all practicing Sikhs in their morning prayers.
The Japji Sahib begins with the Mool Mantar, the essence of the Sikh faith; describing the Creator’s character and distinguishing personality. The whole prayer is in a certain sense a manual for a Sikh to attain spiritual perfection. It does not recommend passive contemplation or living an isolated life. It favors participation in the affairs of the world, combined with an integration of wisdom and selfless activity.
Japji sahib describes the basic concepts of Sikhism:
• NaamSimran (singing the praises of God) is put forth as the best way to realizing God. The best time, prescribed for NaamSimran is Amrit Vela, or dawn.
• Understanding ‘Hukam’, or Divine Law as it governs the universe.
• Creation, Guru ji explains, is the result of God’s command. No one knows the expanse of the Lords creation. There are millions of worlds andthe infinity of creation and its manifestation, is beyond count or measure.
• Finally, Guru Nanak dev ji describes the five planes of spiritual progress by which we can attain spiritual realization.
What's New in Version 6.0
-iOS 7 adoption
-Multi Language Translation
This app is amazing and has pretty much everything you would need. Also it would be nice if you put a portrait view as well instead of always holding it sideways.
There is a mistake in the 1st pauri 2nd line of gurmukhi . Kindly have that corrected please.
This is a great app! And btw there is no mistake with the first pauree. We should fund this😌 waheguru je ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jagpal Singh
- © iGuruApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Japji Sahib Full Upgrade$0.99