- Featured in Apple's staff favorites!
- Reviewed in Computer Music magazine and received a 9/10!
Jasuto is the worlds first (and most powerful) modular synthesizer for the iDevices.
Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the addition of a fully-featured sampler you can now record/resample/edit, and even create entirely new samples by drawing right in the app.
Jasuto uses the relative position of nodes and their connections to control the sound. So the scene not only represents the synthesis structure, but also a custom multi-touch control surface. Motion can be recorded per node giving you rich, flexible automation.
Connections can be created automatically by simply dragging nodes around, or manually. Each wire can be double-tapped to allow even more control of each connection.
Jasuto comes installed with 75+ modules as well as 200+ pre-loaded scenes and samples. Each of the modules have been hand-optimized for your device's CPU, allowing you to create extremely complex scenes.
- Anti-aliased oscillators with hard-sync, FM, PWM, PM
- Analog style filters (ap, lp, hp, bp, ladder emulation)
- Signal control (compressor, limiter, gate, follower)
- Zoomable sampler editor with several loop modes (normal, 1 shot, ping, granular)
- ADSR envelope editor
- Multipage/octave sequencer
- Tape style analog delay
- Reverb, phaser, several waveshapers
- Resample/record the current playback
- Audio copy via the pasteboard
- Incoming OSC and MIDI for notes and CC's
- Audiobus support (input, effect & output source)
- Completely compatible with iOS7
- Updated UI graphics
- Universal device and Retina support
- A shiny new manual
- Added background audio support
- Low latency audio (256 samples)
- Sample sharing through SoundCloud
- Dropbox syncing of samples/scenes
- High Fidelity (Hi-Fi) Audio
Finally got the chance to convert Jasuto to 64bit, also fixed some random bugs, and updated AudioBus. I do have plans to continue extending Jasuto, but I think what I was working on before I joined Apple might take priority :)
Ratings and Reviews
Super powerful app. I’ve Hardly scratched the surface and already creating weird and wild sounds. No need to be a programming genius to git this bugga shimmering. Considering the depth of this thing I will be immersed for some time.
Grin a mile wide : 64bit!
This update is a wonderful surprise! Thank you for taking the time to ensure this wonderful piece of software can live on for many more years (hopefully). 128-bit isn't going to be required next month, is it?
Curious about your cryptic comment : 'priority to what [you] were working on prior to joining Apple'???
I can't think of a modular iOS app that I've used longer than Jasuto.
It's definitely fiddly, but you this thing can do simple synthesis all the way through building a vocoder.
Highly recommended, especially if Chris keeps adding to it.
- Christopher Wolfe
- 53.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Christopher Wolfe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Morph module $0.99
- Space Module $0.99
- HIFI Mode $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.