JavaOne San Francisco
By Oracle America, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you're attending JavaOne San Francisco, this is the app for you. It's the best way to stay on top of four days packed with keynotes, technical sessions, hands-on labs, demos, and more. The JavaOne app provides all the latest news and information, a complete day-by-day agenda and schedule of activities, as well as lists of Oracle staff, expert speakers, partners, sponsors, and exhibitors. Plus, stay connected and join the conversation on social media. Download and install your free JavaOne15 app today.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with the mobile event app, please visit the Mobile Help Desk located in Moscone West.
What's New in Version 3.1
- Bug fixes
Unable to login
I am consistently unable to login to my account using this app. I've registered for the event, but the app keeps telling me I'm not registered for JavaOne.
It will be great if login works. It is very inconsistent.
complacent and apathetic author
Where to begin?
1. It lets you sign up for sessions.
1. Every time you log in it shows the splash screen, for a long time, pushing 5 seconds, certainly 3. What is the point of that? Surely Oracle can read the Human Interface Guidelines!
2. I get a spinning wheel of death. Only help is to kill the app and restart it. Sometimes that does not work.
3. It keeps logging me out. Okay, so someone steals my phone and does what? Signs up for some session that I didn't want? Pointless security.
4. No offline caching. It neither remembers the sessions I signed up for nor the list of the sessions themselves. The app requires a connection at all times. So anyone without a cellular connection is screwed. Looking around, there are a lot of people from all over the world at this conference who probably do not have a cellular connection, and thus cannot use this app except on-site.
5. It does not remember your location in the app. So you are scrolling through the entire week to find the course on a specific day you signed up for.
6. Back to the Splash screen. It literally resizes before your very eyes.
7. To change a session: You first have to navigate to another section of the app, scroll a lot, drop the session, then go back, scroll a lot, add the session.
Okay, a throwaway app for a couple of days, what do you want, what do you expect? That's why I give two stars instead of one. But from Oracle? It shows that they are complacent and apathetic about true quality on the mobile front.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 15, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 45.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oracle America, Inc.
- © Oracle, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.