jEditor is a document editor with easy to use interface, high performance for syntax highlight and code editing. It allows you to create, edit rich text files with different styles, alignments, line spacing, colors(foreground and background of text) and rich text files with attachments, Microsoft word files(doc and docx) and plain text files.
jEditor is rich in features like:
- Open files in tabs
- Open files in sidebar
- Print files, export as pdf files
- Autosave, searching and replacing of text.
- Automatic Indentation of text
- Balances brackets and quotes
- Auto detection of file encoding
Drag & Drop:
- Handles drop of files and opens immediately in current window
- Drop folder in sidebar to list files in the folder in Sidebar.
- Allows you to quickly open and/or switch between documents
- Remembers last opened folder and documents and reopens them on start of jEditor
Add, remove, update themes or create your own.
Automatically updates formatting when pasting text according to document type.
Indent/unindent text, set tab width for programming files.
Comment in/out selected text in programming files.
Show/hide Line numbers and/or Sidebar
- Keeps folders on top, files are sorted by name
- Sidebar remembers upto 10 recent folders which can be quickly accessed from dropdown in sidebar
- Close current or other documents from sidebar
- Sidebar position can be left or right
- Duplicate, move up or down lines
- Indentation can be converted from 'Tabs' to 'Spaces'
- The trailing whitespaces can be removed
- Show/hide invisible characters
Find & Replace:
- Added 'Find & Replace' in files option
- The search can be textual or using regular expression with advanced options
- The theme can be changed at print panel
- The line numbers and header & footers can be printed
Indentation & line wrapping:
- The indentation can be switched between 'Tabs' & 'Spaces'
- The lines can be wrapped or unwrapped
- Allows indentation of wrapped lines
Added 'Status' and 'Path' bar
You can change syntax style, file encoding and line endings
Improved syntax highlighting and code completion for all programming languages
Added Fortran, Go, Perl, Ruby, Rust languages support
Other improvements and bugs fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This has nothing to do with coding at all just another text editor
They provide screen shots that look like the indenting and colors are all automatic for the code you are writing, SQL, JAVA, Pearl….. Nothing of a kind it is 100% work on your part do not waste your money. Other than line numbers you can do as well in any notepad.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.