Jeppesen Distribution Manager (JDM) Mobile combines the functionality of our desktop platforms with the convenience of a mobile app and enables new capabilities to improve the data update process. When connected to the portable Bad Elf Wombat device, aircraft operators can conveniently update avionics media using wireless technology at the aircraft’s site saving time and hassle. Download avionics databases to your mobile device anywhere you have internet or cellular access.
JDM Mobile Benefits:
• Reduces need to remove avionics database media from the aircraft, which saves time and reduces risk of damaging, forgetting or losing the essential hardware
• Reduces the need to purchase multiple backup media hardware, saving money
• Apple badge notification signals when data updates are available
• Ability to download databases direct to the iPhone/iPad
• Ability to transfer databases to removable media via the Bad Elf Wombat
• Filter services by phase of update (available to download, transfer to device)
• Filter services by aircraft tail and data type
• View service information by aircraft tail, including cycle information and charts serial number
• Ability to queue up all service downloads to the iPad using the “Download All” feature
• Date stamp of last successful transfer to media by service
• Links to important Jeppesen web pages and documents
• Access to help guide and videos within the app
• View account information (customer name and account number)
Note 1: You must have an active Jeppesen subscription in order to log into the application and access data updates.
Note 2: Worldwide Charts need approximately 2.5 GB of free space to complete the download. High resolution Terrain needs approximately 10 gigabytes of free space to complete the download.
•Wombat firmware updates
•Wombat connection improvements
•Media reformat options
Ratings and Reviews
Still has bugs
I have been using the JDM-Wombat configuration since release. Partial updates of the supplemental databases are still spotty. Need to delete the database history and do fresh downloads.
This bug has persisted and is a total deal killer when WiFi is not available.
I have talked to support but the software is not fixed.
In this day and age. One-star.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.