jfControl - Allround Remote Control
By digitalsirup GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With this app you are able to remotely control your computers from anywhere in your apartment. (Wi-Fi required)
Switch it off from the bedroom, turn up the volume from the kitchen, control a full keynote presentation or just start a video sitting on the couch in front of your mac mini that is connected to your HDTV.
No hassling around with IP addresses, nothing to config, it just works. Thank you bonjour.
This remote control does only work with OS X 10.4 or higher. You need a Mac, Windows is not supported.
You have to install a free application on your mac. Download it from http://www.digitalsirup.com
If the remote does not work, chances are something (i.e. firewall) is blocking the traffic. Contact me and we will figure this out. (I'm not able to respond to reviews)
***TO MAKE SURE THE CONNECTION WILL WORK, PLEASE TRY jfControl Lite BEFORE PURCHASING THE FULL VERSION.***
* Control frontrow, DVD Player, Finder, Quicktimeplayer, Keynote, EyeTV, VLC and MPlayer.
* Change the system volume, start any application, send your mac to sleep or turn it off.
* Includes Numpad and Copypaste Pad.
* Now with theme support, 2 themes available: colorful / grey.
* Easy layout help, just tap the info symbol to access the help layer.
* Uses Wi-Fi. No line-of-sight to your mac needed.
* Very easy to setup. There is nothing to config.
What's New in Version 2.5.4
-Bugfixes, new icon.
Great app; works with EyeTV! DEVELOPER SUGGESTIONS
Initially did not work. After disabling the "off-helper" server app for "off" it worked. Re-enabled "Off-helper" and toggled the firewall on and off and it works with both firewall and Off-Helper enabled.
Very functional app but the button layout could use some work.
I love that it works with eyeTV, solves a big problem for me.
1) Check out a potential conflict with the "Off-Helper" server program?
2) Think about button layout! Why in iTunes is there a separate play and pause button? Why not toggle? Why are the play, pause, and prev/next track buttons so small and cramped together and on the same row while the navigation arrows are huge and colored? Use some of the space there for some separation of buttons!
3) UI is a little clunky: Hit "mute" on eyeTV and the icon remains unchanged (that is, you can't tell if "mute" is on or off by looking at the control screen' usually when mute is "on" one would expect to see a red slash through the mute icon …). The mute button should give enough feedback that the user can tell if it's been pressed (this is especially important as there are so many different ways to control volume … Through eyeTV app, though the home stereo, through the main volume control on the Mac .. It can sometimes take much trial and error to determine what killed the volume).
One of my favorite apps!
I first downloaded the free version but soon I bought the full version. I love it because it allows me to control my computer from anywhere in the house. I turn on iTunes, change songs, or use it give my presentations.
Multiple app support!
This gem is a must-have for anyone using a Mac as a media server. Support for dozens of media apps and no issues with using a network drive. All the negative reviews are from people who didn't bother to read that this is for a Mac, not Windows or a TV.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 05, 2010
- Version: 2.5.4
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: digitalsirup GmbH
- © 2008 Tommy Kammerer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.