By Semicolon Productions
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Jitters is a simple, sleek app for creating and editing SVG files, and a fresh take on graphics design. There's no labyrinth of menus or jungle of cluttered palette windows here; just a streamlined single-window interface that will give you the tools you need and stay out of your way.
Jitters uses the standard web-ready SVG format and allows for exporting directly to PNG images, so there's no need to worry about file compatibility. It also includes everything you'd expect from a Mac graphics app: layers, opacity, iCloud support, and area operations for creating complex shapes.
Jitters also includes visual effect renderers designed to create beautiful and striking alternate approaches to your designs. Switch to our flagship "sketched" effect to give your art a hand-drawn look and quickly prototype ideas without worrying about the details. Or, try out the "wireframe" effect to see the structure of intricate drawings right in the current window.
Above all, Jitters is designed to create a fluid, unified experience while providing a simple but powerful set of tools to create great vector artwork. So go ahead...shake things up.
What's New in Version 2.0
Jitters 2.0 is designed specifically for Mavericks and features some awesome new features and tons of behind-the-scenes improvements, including:
- An overhauled drawing system that moves controls for adding shapes, images, and layers to an easy-to-access searchable list in the sidebar
- Better zoom controls and fast access to grid settings in the toolbar
- A new UI system that lets you see what mode you're in and makes it easy to switch between drawing, editing and exporting images
- New regular polygon shapes
- Massive performance improvements when editing graphics
- Subtler highlighting when mousing over shapes
- Reworked controls for dealing with paths: pasting an object when a path is selected no longer injects the object into the path, and new, easier-to-use commands for combining, joining, and splitting paths are available via the Edit menu
- Fixed an issue with images exporting at a higher resolution when using a Retina display.
- Fixed several issues with names and images not being properly updated in the sidebar.