JKnit Lite is a free knitting pattern reader app for iPhone and iPod touch. You can use this app to import and view patterns in both PDF and interactive JKnit formats. Try JKnit Lite for yourself and discover the best way of knitting!
Built-in PDF viewer designed with knitters in mind.
- Smooth PDF rendering engine with page zooming and scrolling.
- Page rotation feature for landscape-oriented charts.
- Follow charts with the help of the highlight bar feature with easily adjustable starting position and height.
- Shift the highlight bar up or down using a simple double tap.
- You can add a bar to each page of your PDF and JKnit Lite will remember all of their individual positions and settings.
- Works in both Portrait and Landscape modes.
- You can import your PDFs into the app from your computer, e-mail attachments, websites or from your KnitPoint pattern library.
Enjoy the benefits of the interactive JKnit pattern format.
- JKnit format transforms all knitting patterns into easy to follow, row-by-row instructions. Just advance the counter as you complete each row, and the app will direct you what to do next.
- The app will always remember your position in any project and will help you pick up exactly where you left off.
- Keep track of all of the essential project information such as materials used, notes and the timeline and add your project photos.
- You can import patterns in interactive JKnit format from your KnitPoint library.
You can also get JKnit HD Lite - a custom tailored iPad implementation of this app! You can find it in the App Store by searching for JKnit HD Lite.
JKnit Lite comes with a preloaded sample project to help you familiarize with the app and its features.
Experiencing problems, have questions or need help? Have a recommendation or feature request for future releases? Please join the JKnit App Users Group on Ravelry to connect with other users, share your experience and get help. You can also email us at
- iOS 11 support
- minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app...
I love this app, but there is one aspect I do not love. Many of the PDF's I have downloaded land with a combination of numbers and letters as the title. Not your fault, I know, but it would be helpful if there was a way to write your own title.
Also, it would be VERY helpful if there was a print option. Everything in this app is stuck there. Working on a small screen in convenient while out, but I hardly think a 2" by 3 1/2" is very convenient at home. If you can't adapt the program for printing, at least allow access to the units own menu, so PDF's can be e-mailed and printed. Other than naming and printing, I love, love, love this app!
Still waiting for the upgrade to print or e-mail PDFs from this app. Is it ever coming????? Downgrading to 2 stars for lack of this feature.
No more sticky notes for me!
I'm traveling right now and had become frustrated with having the printed pattern, sticky notes to mark my place and an iPhone app to count rows. I love with this app how you can import a PDF onto your phone or iPad and use a highlight bar to mark your spot. Perfect! The only drawback I can see is that when you take off and land in a plane all electronic devices have to be turned off. So it might be a good idea to have a printed backup of the pattern for when you don't have phone access and want to knit. Thank you for an excellent tool!! Highly recommend!!
Love the app. Great for storing patterns from other apps and websites. Wish had rename feature for pdfs. I bring a lot of pdfs into this app but then have to open about half of them to find the one I want. If I could rename the pdf, my problem would be solved. Also, would like to make folders within pdf section. So that, I could categorize the patterns. Thank you for a great, easy to use app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.