By VHB Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JMU Moves uses your iPhone’s GPS support to record your bicycle trips, display maps of your rides, and help transportation planners make your city or town a better place to bike. At the end of each trip, data representing your trip purpose, route, and the date and time are confidentially sent (see note below) to the local planning authority. You’ll be helping VHB’s transportation planners better understand the needs of cyclists—and you’ll get to see maps and statistics of your rides.
EASY TO USE:
Record a bike trip with JMU Moves in four easy steps:
1. Tap “Trip Purpose” on the Record New Trip screen. We’re interested in the main purpose of your trip.
2. Select a purpose on the Trip Purpose screen. Tap “Save.”
3. Back on the Record New Trip screen, tap “Start.” JMU Moves will lock and dim your screen and begin recording your trip.
4. At the end of your trip, unlock the phone and tap “Save” to upload your data to the Transportation Authority’s server. Add a comment if you like.
All data will be collected confidentially, and you can choose not to save or transmit any trip for any reason. Tap “Save” and, when the confirmation screen comes up, tap “Discard.” No data will be saved or transmitted.
Personal Info data involves a few basic questions useful to our study, but they’re optional and confidential. If you wish to give us your email address (which will not be shared with any third parties), we can keep you updated on the progress of the study.
In order to remind you that the app is running and to save your battery, your iPhone will ring like a bicycle bell and vibrate after 15 minutes, and every 5 minutes thereafter. If JMU Moves is running when your iPhone battery reaches less than 20% of its charge, the app will automatically stop collecting data and quit.
SHARE MAPS OF YOUR RIDES WITH OTHERS:
• Tap Saved Trips at the bottom of your screen to see your list of previous rides.
• Choose one, zoom in or out, and take a screenshot (press Sleep/wake and Home simultaneously).
• Share the screenshot via email or download it to your computer.
TIPS TO MAKE SURE JMU Moves WORKS PROPERLY:
• DO NOT push the “Sleep/wake” button on top of your iPhone while running JMU Moves: it will stop recording and you’ll lose your trip data. The app must be visible on your screen in order to work properly; the screen is dimmed to conserve battery life.
• DO NOT push the “Home” (main menu) button while on your ride or JMU Moves will stop recording.
• DO NOT change tracks or playlists in iPhone’s iPod while running JMU Moves. Begin play before starting JMU Moves.
• If you receive a call in the middle of a ride, JMU Moves will stop recording while you are on the phone. When you finish the call, JMU Moves will restart and resume recording.
Thank you for using JMU Moves. The more data we get, the better our biking policy can be!
What's New in Version 1.1
iOS 7 related fixes
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 01, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc
- © Copyright 2013 VHB, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.