Joe Dever's Lone Wolf
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW! Discover and play through the first Act of Joe Dever's Lone Wolf FOR FREE!
"Half gamebook and half action RPG, Joe Dever's Lone Wolf is one adventure that fans of either genre will enjoy from start to finish."
– PocketGamer - 9/10
"A fascinating experiment, occasionally a beautiful little piece of art, and I really ended up enjoying both the combat system and the character building in the long run."
– TouchArcade - 4/5
"Highly exceptional and unique in ways that would only be discovered by experiencing it first-hand."
– 148apps - 4/5
"An amazing overall interactive gamebook experience."
- Capsule Computers - 9,5/10
Develop awards 2014 – Finalist in "Use of a license or IP"
IndieCade 2014 - Digital Selection
Italian Games Awards 2014 - "Best Italian Indie Game" & "Best Italian Game Design"
Are you ready to write your own destiny? Do your part and fight for Sommerlund and the Kai Order!
THE VIDEO GAME WHERE YOU ARE THE HERO
Lone Wolf is back, as a video game series with a brand-new story, a new combat system, stunning graphics and much more! Make meaningful choices and carve your own path through this epic non-linear story. Test your strength with the dynamic turn-based combat system, prove your skill with the lock-picking minigame and accept the challenge of wits posed by the mysterious Shianti Cube!
The author Joe Dever has been working with the studio, involving himself in the story writing so it fits with the original continuity, while also shedding a new light on the fabled world of Magnamund.
For Sommerlund and the Kai!
- A brand-new adventure written by Joe Dever, now complete with all its four Acts!
- Create your character and try out different combinations of Kai Disciplines, traits and gear
- Write your own story through multiple choices
- A real combat system, where your prowess really counts –no random number table or dice to throw!
- 3 different difficulty levels to make the fighting experience more accessible -or more challenging!
- The new tactical pause system, that freezes time when you are choosing your next move. Unleash the tactician in you! (only on Easy and Medium difficulty)
- Lockpicking and puzzle mechanics to add an extra layer of skill and strategy
- Cloud saving features
- Fully translated into English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
IMPORTANT: Please restart your device after installing the application to improve game stability and performance!
LONE WOLF TM&© Joe Dever 1984-2014 JOE DEVER’s LONE WOLF©2014 Lic. Atlantyca S.p.A. JOE DEVER’s LONE WOLF videogame ©2014 Forge Reply, Atlantyca & Joe Dever All rights reserved. Published by BulkyPix
What's New in Version 4.2
- Added missing illustration on the Act 4 in French and German.
- Text improvements in English and Italian.
- Better potions are now dropped in Act 3 and 4.
- The Gourgaz’ earthquake no longer stuns the player.
- Doomwolves summon has now a longer cooldown.
- Weapons durability has been increased.
- Stability improvements and generic bug fixing.
For long time fans and new alike!
As a long time fan of the books, I was at first surprised to see this available. And then, after playing this game, I find myself immensely thrilled to find that the original author, creator of my beloved book series has helped bring this story to life in beautiful, vivid format on iOS in a way I had never imagined possible!
So often, a brand name is used to launch a new product and then deviates horribly from its original creation-that is most certainly NOT the case here. The app developer and author have created no less than a masterpiece: true to its origins in the book form for long time series fans to continue to enjoy, and new material to welcome in those who never had the pleasure of experiencing the story of Lone Wolf before this. After only a few minutes in, I recognized items from the original stories, and it was a simple, yet engaging system to get me underway in this new story. The control for the new combat scenes, blended in with the storytelling so smoothly that I really feel like I am reading new chapters from my original books.
I cannot say "Thank You" enough for bringing this part of my youth back in this stunning format. I would love (and hope) to see more!
Fun and addictive
I have fully enjoyed this game.
Puzzles, Story, and classic gaming combat make this well worth the price.
The Turn Based combat is reminiscent of classic Dungeons and Dragons and the Final Fantasy franchise interpretation of AD&D. This is the perfect transition and next logical step. Incidentally, the transition graphics between the Tome and the video game combat really make the overall concept cohesive, well done Sirs.
I have iPhone 6 v9.0.1, the app has crashed/ locked up on me 6 times ( I finished Act 2: Forest Hunt) Not a huge deal, only a few minutes of time lost each. I was lucky I had been to a save point recently. Restarting your device may help, but this is a guess, I will update my review later.
The game is combat heavy which is just fine, but a bit light on mystery though the Ancient Temple and it's artifacts and puzzles does spark interest. Overall, it's well balanced. Thank you Sir Dever and the crew at BulkyPix, I love it.
Please make more soon!
P.S Make good use of stun combos (except on lizards/undead) and End. potions. Also don't forget upgrade and repair your gear. The system takes some learning but it is fun after you get it.
Amazing Delivery of an RPG experience
I never suspected that I could get the same roleplaying satisfaction - the lore, the equipment mechanics, the tense combat - from what is primarily a book! Yet here we are; games amaze me again. I especially like the way that the cooldown timers and the variety of possible actions in combat make me think tactically. I also like that the protagonist's relatively low amount of HP forces me to come up with defensive and offensive strategies simultaneously. Also, a side note - it's gorgeous! Having a variety of backgrounds for the different gameplay types really helps the immersion; I especially liked the lockpicking challenge where I could see in the background the man I was freeing!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 02, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 1.52 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: BULKYPIX
- LONE WOLF TM&© Joe Dever 1984-2014 JOE DEVER’s LONE WOLF©2014 Lic. Atlantyca S.p.A. JOE DEVER’s LONE WOLF videogame ©2014 Forge Reply, Atlantyca & Joe Dever All rights reserved. Published by BulkyPix
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Season Pass (Act 2 + 3 + 4)$11.99
- Act 2: Forest Hunt$4.99
- Mid-Season Pass (Act 3 + 4)$7.99
- Act 3: The Shianti Halls$4.99
- Act 4: Dawn over V'Taag$4.99