Jog Log - Couch to Marathon Training
By Serenity Integration, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start running smarter, farther, and faster with Jog Log!
Whether you are just a beginning walker or a veteran marathoner, Jog Log is the all-in-one fitness solution that will take you and your workout to the next level!
Get the only app in the App Store with GPS mapping, interval timers, voice cues, ghost pace, heart rate monitor integration*, Couch to Marathon plans, syncing to both DailyMile and RunKeeper, Game Center and SmartPace™ workouts!
MULTIPLE ACTIVITY TYPES
• Includes: Running, Walking, Cycling & Swimming
• Plus, add an unlimited number of more activity types using METs
CUSTOM INTERVAL TIMERS
• Set multiple intervals by time or distance (down to the second or yard)
• Set the number of loops per workout
• Option to exclude warm-up and cool-down from being counted in your stats
• Innovative SmartPace™ workout will automatically adjust your intervals in real-time.
• FREE Couch to 5k, 10K, Half Marathon, and Full Marathon training programs.
• Metric or imperial units
• GPS signal strength meter
• Accelerometer and GPS based auto-pause
• Background mode enabled with iOS4+
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
TRACKED DATA DISPLAYS
• Swipe to switch displays
• Both portrait and landscape modes supported
• Time elapsed or time countdown
• Distance traveled
• Average pace (min/mile or min/km) or speed (mph or kph)
• Max speed
• Current pace or speed
• Current interval countdown
• Calorie counter
• Heart rate*
• Estimated finish time for a target distance and distance countdown
• Ghost pace
• Custom wallpaper
• Native Facebook and Twitter integration
• Sync workouts with RunKeeper, the largest fitness community around - 6 million strong
• DailyMile syncing to share your runs with 150,000+ other runners
• Choose songs, podcasts, or playlists in-app to play at the start of your run
• Set music to play according to what interval is running
• Pause or change tracks during your run in-app
• Cues for each interval timer
• Manual volume control
• Distance & Duration
• Clock time
• Halfway point (time or distance)
• Average/current/interval/split pace
• Average/current speed
• Heart rate*
• Ghost pace
• Countdown timer
• Music can be paused or ducked for audio cues.
• Can be displayed during run
• Saved for post-run analysis
• Distance markers and split times
• Choice of native iOS road/satellite mapping
• Accomplish 20 goals and achievements with the first ever Game Center integration for a running app.
SLIDE TO PAUSE
• Slider prevents accidentally pausing or stopping the tracking mid-run
AUTO SCREEN DIM
• Conserves battery power
• Touch the screen to re-engage brightness
• Shows time, distance, pace/speed, splits data, intervals (if any), calories burned, and map of the run route
• Profile graph of pace/speed/elevation/heart-rate
• Summary run total data
• Manually add run or treadmill data
• Easy bulk CSV export of your run data
• GPX/TCX route export
• Multiple split break-downs
• Share maps via email
• Heart rate strap and bike speed/cadence/power/footpod sensors supported*
• *Requires WahooFitness fisica sensor or Blue SC or HR (see http://www.serenityintegration.com/wf/ )
We are an indie app development firm and totally value your feedback at email@example.com. If you enjoyed using the app, please leave a good review for us! Thanks!
What's New in Version 2.6.8
- bug fixes
Note for iOS 7 users: For Jog Log to properly run in the background or while the screen is locked, make sure you have Background App Refresh enabled (iPhone settings -> General -> Background App Refresh).
Works on iPads but not iPods?
Like another reviewer I was surprised when this app was incompatible with my new ipod. When I got to the page and saw under compatible devices iPads rather than iPods I was in disbelief. I'm pretty sure that most fitness app devs understand that people like to work out with music and don't want to lug around a big tablet during their running workout that's why most other fitness apps are compatible with iPod touch. Please correct this and I'll give a much better review.
Edit: changed my rating because I found out that Jog Log uses the internal GPS that is on the iPhone but not on iPods. They can't help that iPod hardware works against them.
Great App, But Needs updating & Bug Fixes
I love this app & have used it for years. Recently, though a message pops up several times during a workout pertaining to "Background App Refresh". I have followed the instructions on the alert but it doesn't have the option that the alert is claiming on my settings. This alert message is causing major issues & interruptions with my current & saved workouts. If they fixed this issue & made routine improvements, I'd definitely give this app 5 stars.
By far the best running app, syncs with runkeeper (and so fitocracy also)
Excellent. A wide range of logging and mapping, and the ability to construct interval workouts with different music and targets. Better than the Runkeeper app, (since it lets you create your own workout plans, instead of just buying them) but it syncs with the Runkeeper service.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 11, 2013
- Version: 2.6.8
- Size: 37.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Serenity Integration, LLC
- © 2013 Serenity Integration, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tip Jar$0.99