John Scott Yoga is John's first foray into spreading his teaching and knowledge of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in the form of a digital App
The source material comes with John's official approval and combines his existing DVD material and teacher training course notes in a new and portable format. The application focuses on the Vinyasa Count, the mantra of the Ashtanga practice, with John's instructional audio track playing over images from his highly acclaimed Ashtanga DVD
This Universal Application features:-
- Video introduction to the Ashtanga Practice
- Primary Series vinyasa count from the Internationally acclaimed John Scott Primary Series DVD
- Audio Teaching chant with John - Updated versions of the Practice and Closing Mantras with John and as call and response
- Vinyasa Count Quiz with 8 levels of difficulty
- Quiz breakdown to assist with directing your learning
- Inspirational Videos
- Sanskrit numbers and terms
- Embedded and online help and support
- Audio scrubbing for quick access to instructional information
- Asana details from John's teacher training course notes
- Access to John's online website
- Access to John's Facebook page
- Asana Flipcards
- Asana states for each asana
Additional In App Purchases :-
- John's famous practice charts (now free!!)
- Practice Builder
- Windows on a Practice (full workshop transcription)
- 5 step Focus 12 (led meditation)
This full version presents the Ashtanga Primary Series for review for existing students and as an introduction to those new to John's teachings. The application is not meant as a means of learning Yoga postures though it is presented as a means to introduce the student to the details and intricacies of the Vinyasa Count.
John highly recommends you find the guidance of a qualified teacher to help with your practice
Performance improvements and minor bug fixes
Many thanks to you all who kindly report it in your issues. We'll always try and respond in a timely manner but please bear with us while we work on bug fixes and getting these to you.
Ratings and Reviews
John Scott Yoga
Super guided ashtanga primary series app from leading UK practitioner. Clear, clean, thorough. Great cues. Some older school variants. Deserves wide use in US.
inside app purchase
I made an inside app purchase however it does not work. Why?
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Which IAP are you trying? Did you get as far as the 'Buy' pop up? Did you try the 'Restore Purchases' option?
No Audio-Broken Support links
Was looking forward to this app.....
Downloaded it and it plays with Zero audio.
The support links are broken...
Don't purchase till they fix it.
Hoping for an update.....
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Can you check that the side button on you device isn't set to off. We've had this in the past where even though the device plays music from iTunes App if you have the switch to 'Do no Disturb' then John's App won't play the audio. Switching the little button on the side fixes this.
The support links were removed from the website as we were getting hacked. We'll put something in place to redirect support issues through John's Facebook page where you'll get a quicker response
- Graeme Lunn
- 489.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (C) John Scott, 2012-2018
- In-App Purchases
- Primary Series Charts Free
- John Scott 5 Steps Focused 12 $0.99
- Windows on a Practice $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.